Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apache Canoe

Default Apache Canoe

Maker's Spec

Length 15'
    Beam 33"
    Weight 28kg

Maker's Write Up
    The Apache Canoes is a traditional style canoe, ideal for touring lakes, canals and slow moving rivers. It is light in weight to portage and for loading on to car roof racks. The hull is a shallow arch design which gives a good level of stability and predictable handling when leaned.

Can be supplied fully fitted in a variety of woods or bare hulled and in all colours.

I bought a bare hull from apache and fitted my own gunwales and seat which was enjoyable and relatively easy mines a yellow hull by the way. I have had a minor ding which took a large chip out but this was due to an air bubble and was fixed in a few minutes with some epoxy. I find the canoe paddles very easily and tracks well it turns very easily and is very stable i paddled some of the wye last week on an oca meet and recieved some very good comments on the boat and how good it looks on the water we paddled through symonds yat which was my first ww experience and the boat was excellent not feeling tippy at all, we went back on Sunday morning for some ww practice turning in and out of eddies and ferry gliding which i attempted with varying degrees of success but i didn't swim and felt i would be able to use the boat on ww with alot more coaching and practice i did ship some water due to the low freeboard but i had great fun.I used it in the sea this summer and had great fun practicing braces etc. self rescue and doing some short coastline trips.

I have a few scratches but nothing serious and i have bumped a few things and rubbed a few rocks especialy last weekend on the wye but i think the hull is alot more robust than i expected and i am constantly contacting things with no effect, the high gloss finish will show scratches more than semi gloss RX.

In conclusion i am very happy with mine performance looks and price and would love a kevlar one for tripping.
    Last edited by bbDave; 7th-October-2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Many shores i have sailed to in my canoe,often against strong winds.Choose the tree well my brother if it is to carry you to distant shores. :- Chief Dan George

I purchased a part finished Apache fro Stu about a month ago and I've been very pleased. The finish on the hull is generally pretty good, there are a few marks on the bow and stern, but for the money there is nothing that can come close. The woodwork maybe best done yourself if you have the time to commit to it, I ordered mine with gunnels and a centre thwart as I knew that I would not have the time to do these myself.

The boat tracks very well and turns adequately. There appears to be a small amount of rocker. The initial stability is less that Matto's Charles River but the secondary is really good, I can lean it so the gunnel is at water level and it still feels a way off capsizing.

In all I think that the boat looks lovely, particularly in ivory, and am really pleased with my purchase.

Cheers

Barry
    Last edited by Chrish; 24th-September-2009 at 11:17 AM.

After much deliberation I finally ordered my Apache from Stu in Ivory and fitted out in ash. The seats were made by another SOTP member (Tammy) and fitted by Stu.

[/IMG]

I am very pleased with the boat it tracks very well, is fast compared to some other boats I have tried and its light weight makes it easy to portage and car top.

If you are looking for a solo boat for Canals, slow rivers or even Mild WW, I would challenge many of the much more expensive boats to be anywhere near as good as this. Oh and its prettier than some too..

On the downside, I don’t think its a great boat for tandem use. I had a friend join me for the day and I have to say it felt unstable. In fairness though, my companion was more novice than I and he was splashing round with the paddle very enthusiastically and I think this was putting the boat off balance somewhat. Also we are both quote big fella's making the boat a little on the top heavy side. I am sure it would be O.K for more experienced smaller paddlers.

[/IMG]

The boat has a small amount of rocker (2 half inches) and in most conditions I can turn the boat easily. However, when fast manouvers and quick turns are required perhaps to avoid objects and the like, a little more thought and effort is required.

I love the way the boat looks, performs and I especially like the cost. I can't imagine finding a better canoe for my purpose even if I paid double.

I enjoy and appreciate my Apache a little more every time I get to take it out.

I bought a bare hull, and fitted out the gunwales, seats etc... myself.

I have found this canoe to be a great flatwater canoe, it tracks very well in both calm and windy conditions and is very easy to turn.

As said above it is a low price canoe but it is very good value for money. Yes the hull does have some marks on from when it was made but they are small and you don't notice them unless you look for them.

I am very happy with my apache canoe and would highly recommend them, as I would the outfitting if you have a couple of days to do it.

Pete
    Lakeland Pete

Hi Bun
    The best thing to do would be to contact Stu, tell him you're a member here on the forum and you've seen the canoes. Then ask him what the prices are etc.
    He's a great bloke to deal with.
    sales@apachecanoes.com
    Last edited by zxc; 11th-February-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Adam
    Proud owner of 2 UK built canoes..
    15' Apache - http://www.apache-canoes.com
    16' Prospector - http://www.venturecanoes.com

Default Wind, Waves and Loads

Just a note on wind and waves.

With a very low freeboard this might seem obvious to everyone but this canoe does not handle so well in large swell.

The canoe is fine when running with or into large waves but in a trip on Loch Shiel the other day I was being swamped by the 4ft waves when I tried to turn sideways.

Otherwise the canoe doesn't get caught with the wind (gusting 60mph+) and tracks well, and even handles well with a 3 day camps worth of stuff on-board.

I would say that this canoe seems the perfect day tripper, if you are thinking of more than a one night basic stop-over you may want to ensure that the weather is favourable, with the low freeboard I would think twice about using this canoe on a overnight camp if you are not certain you will have fine to moderate weather. Either that or prepare for a few extra nights stop-over whilst waiting out the gales.

Pete
    Lakeland Pete

Default Apache 2up questions

I'm considering buying an apache bare hull and selling my current canoe as it's too big for solo manhandling and too heavy (38.5 kg) for car topping It's a home built family size ceder stripper and luvly but I just need something lighter that I can use on my own. However sometimes I have a 11st crew, I'm 15 stone, For still water/slow river are the finer lines of the Apache being 1' shorter and 3' less in the beam going to be a problem? A lot of the pics I've seen have been boats set up for solo use.
    I've e mailed Apache re price etc but had no answer yet. Any Ideas on prices?
    And finally Are there any Apache owners in the westcountry so I could have a quick look at one.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

Smile apache

the price depends on colour as a white canoe needs more pigment than a black one.although i doint think it makes a huge difference to price.phone stu on the mobile number on his web site as i doint think the other number works.if he doesnt answer he does check his phone and will call you.price wise i think a bare hull starts around £200ish but again speak to stu for up to date prices.he is a fantastic guy to deal with any very helpful.i think that sotp members get a special deal so ask him.

Default I've spoken to stu

Thanks Lord john,
    I have now spoken to Stu and discussed prices. The delivery cost of £100 (this is the cost of the fuel from Liverpool to Bideford North Devon and back.) makes buying just one, expensive. He suggested posting to ask if anyone else wanted to share the delivery cost. I'll have a think and maybe do that.
    Cheers
    Paul.

Smile share cost

when i spoke to stu about delivery he said that if he gets enough orders in a similar area that delivery costs were cheaper.it maybe worth posting a thread and asking if anyone lives near him and is planning a trip in your direction if they would collect it for you and to meet them somewhere convienient for both of you.just a thought!it would be a shame to miss out on a good piece of kit.maybe try a courier to see what their cost would be.

Was interested in this thread as I am currently looking for a suitable and lighter boat than my current one. Was all going so well until Lakeland Pete referred to 4 foot waves on Loch Shiel!!! Clearly I am living in a more sheltered and unadventurous boating world!

Thumbs up waves

im not brave enough to go out in 4 foot waves,easy rivers suit me just fine and the apache is more than enough for this as i like to amble along taking it all in,with the odd stop for a brew.it maybe worth posting a thread asking folk what they use theirs for to give you a all round picture of what the apache is capable of.and a bargain price for what i think is a great canoe.

I wonder if anyone could advise me? I have only had the one boat for less than two years and have only ever been tandem - comfortably with nice large seats (to accomodate my nice large seat!). I hope to use my new boat for many more solo trips but I am prone to problems of circulation meaning the prospect of a long time on my knees is not a very favourable one. Is there a significant difference between kneeling and sitting when going solo - or should solo sitting simply be avoided

Thanks

Almost a proud Apache

Default Apache Canoes

A kneeling thwart will help to take the pressure off leg muscles and help blood flow better.Somebody on this forum suggested sitting astride a dry sack filled with your spare clothing,again this would help spread the load.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Marcus

I personaly feel this boat is better suited to a seated postition. I can't get on with kneeling in the apache. The only time I'll kneel in this boat is to change trim in windy conditions.

DanDan

This boat does appear to be the ubiquitous utility player - being able to adapt to all conditions and play in all positions! Are there any serious down sides I should consider before making a move on one?

None other than previously mentioned

Avoid:
    • large swells
    • whitewater unless you know what your doing
    • tandem with 2 heavy paddlers
    • Sinking - this is likley if swamped without additional bouyancy installed.
    anything outside of these peramiters - Then apache is the boat for you.

DanDan

Red face

Thanks DanDan - final question...could you define two 'heavy' paddlers. It has to be said that I am no lightweight (although as with every Monday, that is when my diet shall start!)

I'm 16-17 stone and I paddled with a friend that was about 14stone and I didnt like it at all. In fact I made him get out and walk

Though I saw Stu from Apache and his brother paddling quite happily at the yorkshire canoes open day the other week and they looked like they were having no trouble at all.

Ask Stu how much they weigh i'd say that would be a goof guide.

I am intrigued by the thought of a 'goof guide'. I think that this may have been useful for me earlier in life!!!!
    I admire your style in kicking your mate out of the boat - may not go down quite so well with Mrs Bellytubby though. Shall give Stu a call shortly - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellytubby2 View Post
    I am intrigued by the thought of a 'goof guide'. I think that this may have been useful for me earlier in life!!!!
    I admire your style in kicking your mate out of the boat - may not go down quite so well with Mrs Bellytubby though. Shall give Stu a call shortly - thanks

Typo but a good one - it should have read "Good guide"

In terms of weight well I am over 20 stone and when I am in the canoe it does run fairly low in the water. I did have camping stuff in the front the other day but only around a very small adult/child level of weight. The canoe acted fine but I wouldn't think one heavy person and one normal person would be that good in it just for the freeboard.

For me it is the ideal solo.

I do kneel, and I have to say I find kneeling a joy in the apache. I personally find kneeling better as you have more stability and you can se your knees to help turn the boat. However I do suffer form poor blood circulation and so do still gets problems but not as bas as when in my coleman (which has taller seats weirdly!). If you are worried about sitting in terms of stability try looking into WW saddles (proper version of the straddle-a-bag option) as this is the half-way house option.

Pete
    Lakeland Pete

Re tandem use,
    I spoke to Stu the other day and asked the same question. regarding weight of crew I'm 15st my crew is 11 stone. He reckoned this would be fine. I did state that our water is slow moving rivers/calm lakes.
    Cheers
    Paul.
    ps. still looking for someone in southwest to share delivery cost from Apache

Default black apache

just thought id add this

stu has gone out of his way to help me keep costs down.all the wood is pine and i think looks good and it was cheaper than ash.can built to your spec.
    If a hammer wont fix it it must be an electrical problem

Default Help

Hi everyone. I can not send Stu an e-mail as I've recently changed service providers & it won't send my e-mail ! * $£
    Does anyone know a phone number to contact Stu ?
    Cheers
    Rob F

Quote Originally Posted by rob.fielding View Post
    Hi everyone. I can not send Stu an e-mail as I've recently changed service providers & it won't send my e-mail ! * $£
    Does anyone know a phone number to contact Stu ?
    Cheers
    Rob F
    Stu is SOTP member Regbella,
    It all started with a folding boat I built at school...

Default stu

if you log onto apache.com the phone numbers there.use the mobile number as the land land doesnt work.

Hello all this is my first attempt at a write up so please go easy on me.

I have been looking at getting into open canoeing for a while and was initially looking at the Costco special- the pelican explorer dlx. Then after chatting with Singeblister and Andywinkk I was directed over to apache canoes ( http://www.apachecanoes.co.uk/ ) to have a look at theirs.
    Now they look great on the website but being honest they looked a lot better than I needed or could manage, but they was very pretty and I had to have a closer look. So I rang Stu at apache for a chat and some advice as all the piccys on his website looked like the guys knew what they was doing. After a long phone call where I probably asked a load of silly questions we had arranged to meet up and have a paddle.
    This was more than I had ever expected as I was just enquiring about the boats and how they would be for beginners. As neither Lin or myself have done any paddling really. My last go in a canoe was in my teens on an adventure weekend and that was eons ago.
    So it was with a certain amount of trepidation that we set off on a wet cold Sunday morning to meet up at the lock side. I had visions of falling straight in and sinking the canoe just trying to get in. Arriving at the waterside and meeting Stu and Helen we was immediately put at ease and Stu was sharing his knowledge before we even got into the water.
    This was the moment of truth…into the water

The canoe wobbled a bit when I got in and my nerves got back up so Stu grabbed the side of the canoe and told me how far over it would go and still be stable……at the same time rocking the canoe with his hand. When I finally got over my heart attack I had complete confidence in the canoe and set off.

Full of confidence I came back and got out so Lin could have a go.

So far so good. Nobody has fallen in yet and both of us are starting to find our canal legs. So we both get in and set off for a paddle down the canal. Fully expecting to tip it and fall in.

Well no worries on that front we just set off and in a few minutes we had worked out a few of our wobbles. Our fault not the canoes it must be said.

Feeling like old hands at this point

The canoe performed great and was really and I mean really easy to paddle even though we don’t know what we were doing. When Stu got in it to show us what it was capable of he had it tipping right over with the gunnels (I thinks that’s what they call wooden bits on the side) very nearly in the water and it was still stable, doing turns and paddling hard down the canal.
    All in all the canoe sold its self and we have ordered one. The biggest problem we had was deciding on colour. As a starting point the customer service is second to none and I fully expect the same level to continue as the purchase progresses. I will post up any updates as we go along and some piccys of my canoe when I get it.
    So if you are after a canoe, have a look at apache canoes I don’t think you will go far wrong.

Greg

No connection with the seller just fast becoming a very happy customer

Excellent post - Can't wait to pick mine up and see how it goes through the water. I would think it will be better than my inflatables - Last time out I got ambushed by my daughter and girlfriend on the water who proceeded to take the bung out of the floor!

Bob

Mine (in ivory) arrived a few weeks ago as a bare hull and now it's finished and had a couple of outings. It is a dream to paddle solo or 2 up. If I can figure out how to do it I'll send some pics.
    Cheers,
    paul

Default thankyou stu

Finished mine yesterday! Racing Green with ash trim, doing 25 mile trip down the River Stour tomorrow, will let you know how I get on.

Default Suffolk/ Essex Apaches

Hi - I'm thinking about buying an Apache but would really like to paddle one before buying, so, two questions:
    • Is there anyone close(ish) to me that wouldn't mind letting me have a paddle? I'm located in Hadleigh, Suffolk (nr. Ipswich)
    • Is there anyone who's thinking of buying one around this area (or on the route between Chester and close to Suffolk/ Norfolk/ Cambridgeshire who would like to share delivery and save some money?
    Cheers,
    Gibbo.
    _____________________________________________________________ ________
    http://gibboscanoe.blogspot.com/ Please click on the adverts: it earns me money...

What about fibreglass rash? - that nasty itch you get after mucking about with loft insulation. I've got an old kayak and can definitley feel the microsplinters after thigh/knee bracing - so I'm wondering if I'd get the same if bare kneeling in an Apache?
    And as I'm often paddling with a massive Flat Coated Retreaver and Collie I'm wondering how the glass will stand up against dog claws?
    Last edited by wollefdooG; 5th-June-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: xtra question

Quote Originally Posted by wollefdooG View Post
    What about fibreglass rash? - that nasty itch you get after mucking about with loft insulation. I've got an old kayak and can definitley feel the microsplinters after thigh/knee bracing - so I'm wondering if I'd get the same if bare kneeling in an Apache?
    Hi,

Not sure about others but I don't when using mine. The inside seems smooth and well sealed.

Barry

i dont have any problems,but i do use one of those sleeping mats that you have for camping as i find it more comfortable on the knees(old age!)

Quote Originally Posted by lord john View Post
    just thought id add this

stu has gone out of his way to help me keep costs down.all the wood is pine and i think looks good and it was cheaper than ash.can built to your spec.
    My wife has fallen in love with the color of your canoe , so much so that I have to get in touch with Apache sometime tomorrow to get a quote , I'm going to feel a bit silly when he asks what color do I want and I just say " the same as Lord Johns

Sion

Default Floatation

Out of curiosity, why is there no buoyancy chambers in this boat as most G/F, Carbon/Kevlar, Blue Steel manufacturers fit buoyancy chambers as standard?

A couple of layers of GF in the ends would make all the differance?

Graeme
    SWWC the way forward

Coaching for skills and performance

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Canoe View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is there no buoyancy chambers in this boat as most G/F, Carbon/Kevlar, Blue Steel manufacturers fit buoyancy chambers as standard?

A couple of layers of GF in the ends would make all the differance?

Graeme
    I'm not sure the fella that made them before stu did fit bouyancy chambers in them, geretine on this site has one. Though I think i remember him saying he would prefer it without them.

DanDan

Cheers Dan, I had thought I had seen some of the older ones with built in buoyancy which made sense.

Cheers

Graeme
    SWWC the way forward

Coaching for skills and performance

None of the Mega Outlanders I have seen have had buoyancy as standard.

Bushcraft Survival and First Aid Training.

Default Air bags

I've just bought one on ebay, will collect next week. Does anyone know if it is OK to drill GRP and lace in air bags? or would I be better of fixing these to the wooden gunnels somehow?

Cheers,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Paddles View Post
    I've just bought one on ebay, will collect next week. Does anyone know if it is OK to drill GRP and lace in air bags? or would I be better of fixing these to the wooden gunnels somehow?

Cheers,

Andy
    I do believe you've just bought my one

By the way its already laced for airbags

Smile 16' Apache...

What a great paddle - I've not paddled an Apache before. DanDan kindly let me take his lovely canoe for a short journey down the canal. Thanks Dan. Amazing just how fast it is, it just glides along with little effort. With a little practice I'm sure you could have it dancing on the water, it really handles very nicely.

The quality of workmanship is fantastic, you couldn't ask for more.

I can see why so many folks rate the Apache!

Cheers
    David

Question Fitting out tips please?

I too have taken the plunge and picked up my Apache ivory 16 footer today. Can't wait to get her wet! This forum was decisive in helping me make up my mind - thanks to you all.

Could anybody advise on what oil to use on the ash outfitting? Was thinking of linseed?

Also does anyone have advice on placement of three seats? I'm 15 stone, my daughter is only 7 years old and will be in the centre seat and my wife is 8 stone in the front.

Thanks

Default Apache Canoe

I would be inclined to use Danish Oil.

I was due to have a test drive this PM but rain stopped play although Stu was quite happy to go out... so Sunday is a probable to have a go in both the 15 and 16... pray for dry weather please!

A quick 45 minutes with Stu turned into a couple of hours... sorry Stu!

Blimey choices... 15ft which felt great solo and then the 16 ft which felt great BUT one major problem my feet started to go numb!! and I couldn't great to grips with it... until I took my trainers off... I went tandem with my eldest in the 15ft and then 16ft with Stu... sit/kneeling with shoes off was better so I'll have to break out the wet shoes... but what about the winter!!

My requisite for the canoe was to go fishing from??? I'm not sure if it ticked that box as I didn't try it so I'd appreciate input from others who do fish from open canoes.

But maybe that 20 year lust for an open canoe will come to fruition... the 16 ft certainly ticked every other box in the book!!

Thanks again Stu.

Default Bugsy the bionic Apache (we can rebuild her)

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Stu for sending me the pots of goop necessary to repair the hole Bugsy recently acquired during a white water outing on the Usk. I have to admit to thinking that I might need to trade bugsy in for a roylex boat if I was to follow my heart (which tends to suggest I throw myself down every small and rocky stream I can find).

However, after a chat with Stu and having managed to repair the damage myself so well over the course of a weekend, I have banished all such unworthy thoughts from my mind. OK, so GRP doesn't like head on impacts at speed (who does?), but it's easy enough to repair and Stu assures me that if I really make a real mess of things he can have her back in one piece as long as I collect the bits in a sack (maybe not those exact words ).

So that's it, looks like Bugsy and I have many more rivers to run which brings me back to my point which is - anyone thinking twice about buying an Apache because of worries about GRP should brush these thoughts to one side and get themselves one of the sleekest headturners on the river.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Paddles View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to Stu for sending me the pots of goop necessary to repair the hole Bugsy recently acquired during a white water outing on the Usk. I have to admit to thinking that I might need to trade bugsy in for a roylex boat if I was to follow my heart (which tends to suggest I throw myself down every small and rocky stream I can find).

However, after a chat with Stu and having managed to repair the damage myself so well over the course of a weekend, I have banished all such unworthy thoughts from my mind. OK, so GRP doesn't like head on impacts at speed (who does?), but it's easy enough to repair and Stu assures me that if I really make a real mess of things he can have her back in one piece as long as I collect the bits in a sack (maybe not those exact words ).

So that's it, looks like Bugsy and I have many more rivers to run which brings me back to my point which is - anyone thinking twice about buying an Apache because of worries about GRP should brush these thoughts to one side and get themselves one of the sleekest headturners on the river.
    lets have some piccy's then

Stu

Default Revealing photo

Looking over these nice Apaches gets my juices flowing.

Maybe it's just the way they compare so favorably (visually) with the Royalex tubs that are everywhere.

I'd rather hear a slightly metallic "bonk" from my composite boat than that muffled thunk! from the dead plastic sandwich boats when my paddle strikes the hull. Boulders are another matter!

An Apache is to a Mad River what Nicole Kidman is to a prison guard.

(My Nova Craft 16ft Prospector, vintage 1987) - sweet!

Default Bionic Bugsy part II

Quote Originally Posted by regbella View Post
    lets have some piccy's then

Stu
    OK here goes, the Dummies Guide to Apache repair...

Step 1) Hunt around the kitchen for some things you'll need

Not forgetting to pinch some nail polish remover (my daughter Gill's in this case).

Step 2) Take a deep breath and assess the extent of the damage

Step 3) Scrape away at any loose gel coat. But know when to stop digging

Step 4) Mix the goop (using only a couple of drops of catalyst) and paint it on - poking into all the nooks and crannies.

Step 5) Let it dry (at least 6 hours) then wipe excess stickiness off with nail polish remover, sand it smooth and apply some more layers until you're happy (I went to 4)

The finished product

It was a great finish and Bugsy is now fighting fit so all I can say to the Dart this weekend is BRING IT ON

Cheers,
    Andy

about as far west as you can go before getting your feet wet

Default 2up and a tent ?

reading through some of the threads i have a concern about the freeboard, there would be two of us, 18 stone and 15 stone and occassionally some overnight campstuff. it will only be used on slow flat rivers and an estuary on calm days and 60% solo.
    will the low ride height with these weights be a problem?
    I am the author of my own mistakes.... and i have had a few best sellers!

If you had looked through the previous page you would find this:

whilst I'm sure the two gentlemen concerned are'nt 18 and 15 stones respectively [or maybe they are? ] they're certainly not anorexic waifs, so I suspect your misgivings are just that.

Talk to stu and he'll put you right.
    Obscured by Clouds

Clipper Prospector 16

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com

I think the "gentleman" sat in front of the boat in your picture is called Lyn.

I have one question. In that picture there seems to be ribs on the inside. But I haven't seen them on other boats. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderinstar View Post
    In that picture there seems to be ribs on the inside.
    I think Stu experimented with an extra light hull layup and used ribs to restore the hull rigidity. I suspect he found that the gains were not worth the effort.
    Keith

Default i did

I had read right the way through the thread and seen that paticular post but couldnt see any weights and though i can see that firebreather is a strong fella, lyn doesnt seem all that large to me.
    as a newcomer to the world of canoeing, reading through the thread with people commenting on the lack of freeboard had me a little concerned and just needed a bit of confirmation that the apache is not only a good looking canoe but suitable for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by yudaman View Post
    I had read right the way through the thread and seen that paticular post but couldnt see any weights and though i can see that firebreather is a strong fella, lyn doesnt seem all that large to me.
    as a newcomer to the world of canoeing, reading through the thread with people commenting on the lack of freeboard had me a little concerned and just needed a bit of confirmation that the apache is not only a good looking canoe but suitable for my needs.
    I am told that the 16' is between 13 and 14" deep.
    So if you read up on a lot of the other canoes available it is fairly normal.

If in fact it lacks freeboard then so do a lot of the plastic boats
    GS
    If at first you dont succeed ,pay someone who knows what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I am told that the 16' is between 13 and 14" deep.
    So if you read up on a lot of the other canoes available it is fairly normal.

If in fact it lacks freeboard then so do a lot of the plastic boats
    GS
    Thanks, that was just what i needed to know.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast