Thread: Pelican Potomoc 146 family open canoe - For Sale

Thumbs up Pelican Potomoc 146 family open canoe - For Sale

For sale: Pelican Potomac 146 open or Canadian canoe in dark cherry red. We’ve used it on the Thames and a canal last year. It has few minor scratches from the river & canal bank, otherwise virtually as new.

What is it: The Pelican Potomac is 14.6 ft long Canadian canoe, made of the legendary “Ram-X” making it relatively light and highly manoeuvrable. It’s ideal for families or experienced paddlers, with 3 moulded seats, rod holders and carrying handles bow and stern. Two comfortable wide plastic seats fore and aft make it ideal for two adults. Or it can be used as a solo boat.

For taking out a family, or the grand-kids, you can use the full width centre seat too. This also incorporates some useful storage space with a retaining lid for holding valuables or dispensing snacks & drinks, on the water. The hull is 94cm wide here, making the seat wide enough for a teenager or small child or two, depending on their size of course. So it’s a very adaptable boat. I've added bow and stern rope handles for attaching painters, apart from that it’s virtually as new.

The hull has quite a flat bottom, so it’s easy to move along when getting in and out. We've found it to be stable, easy to steer and fairly manoeuvre (especially when using the ‘J stroke’), even on a river like the Thames.

Canoe and Kayak magazine said, ‘Its tough as old boots the single skin Ram-X construction made it reasonably light and it would be good as a first boat to get you started.”

Features:
    • Two moulded bench seats
    • 3rd Low profile centre cooler seat
    • Vertical rod holders and cup holders
    • Sturdy aluminium gunnels with protective sleeve
    • Bow & Stern carrying handles
    • Length 14' 6'' - 442 cm
    • Beam 37'' - 94 cm
    • Weight approx 36 kg
    • Max. capacity 800 lb - 363 kg
    • Hull material RAM-X

This is our first boat and we’re selling it to move onto a more expensive lightweight boat for taking overseas this season. We've really enjoyed our first year on the water and found it to be a really lovely boat for a first canoe and family days out.

We live between Thame & Aylesbury on the Oxfordshire / Bucks border, about 8 miles from M40 J8A / services. If it helps the sale we might be able to deliver within about 50 miles, subject to negotiation.

For more pictures or information email me NOW SOLD

Price: 490 ono

Thanks for your interest.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MagiKelly; 17th-July-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: updating text with price

Price ? (may help your sale )

Yes indeed, thanks. I spent so long attempting to upload the photos it I'd missed that off the bottom.

I've updated it now and 490 ono is the asking price.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Nick

No worries and good luck with your sale

Hi

To anyone that was interested this canoe has now been sold and a brand spanking new Old Town Camper 15 has replaced it. I'm very chuffed the Camper comes highly recommended and it is so light at 26kg.

Nick