Thread: Out of the kindness of my heart...

Default Out of the kindness of my heart...

To begin, a little bit of history. Two weeks ago I took delivery of a new Honda CRV with leather upholstery.

At about 10:00 am this morning someone buzzed my apartment.
    On the other end was a woman’s voice, very weak and shaky, “Call 911 for me, I need to go to the hospital.”
    Wanting to assess the situation first, I went downstairs and there was a young woman, in distress indeed, barefeet, wet muddy clothes, snot on her face....
    She said she was epileptic and was having seizures. Being just 2 minutes from Royal Jubilee Hospital, I said I would drive her.
    Once in the car, Emily said she was very thirsty. It twigged on me that she wanted alcohol to ease the withdrawal from a pretty extreme drinking binge.
    At this point, I was committed to driving her to hospital, so I said I couldn’t help her with the drink but we would be at the emergency entrance to the hospital in just a minute. When we pulled in, she said “I’m not allowed in there.” “ Why not?”, I replied, thinking she might be a hypochondriac who would go every day if she was allowed. “I got in a fight and they barred me.” Still, I had made a commitment to take her to hospital, and she needed help that I could not give her so I carried on to VGH. To make a long story short, when I dropped her off at VGH, my beautiful new leather upholstery was covered, not in mud, as I had originally thought, but you guessed it...

When I got home I pulled on a pair of disposable rubber gloves, grabbed a couple of clean rags, windex and a scrub brush and cleaned the car. To finish off, I put the rags and brush in the washing machine, added a scoop of soap, and didn’t add any other laundry. I didn’t want to contaminate my clothes with the filth. Made myself a cup of coffee, and carried on with my day.

I’m just glad that yesterday, when I went to purchase sheepskin seat covers, they didn’t have the ones I wanted in stock so I ordered them, to be delivered next week.

Ewwwww . But you did a good thing.
    Jim

"God guard me from those thoughts men think
    In the mind alone;
    He that sings a lasting song
    Thinks in a marrowbone."

Sounds like you had a crappy day
    Ratty (Russ)

I know only that what is moral is you feel good after. What is immoral is what you feel bad after.
    Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by skilsaw View Post
    Wanting to assess the situation first, I went downstairs .....

See, that's the bit I wouldn't have done ........maybe Victoria is different from Toronto??..........

I'm just sayin'.......