Thread: Pakboats

1. Default Pakboats

There don't seem to be many of these in the UK - does anyone know if there are any UK dealers?

I'm actually interested in their kayaks as (for me) the canoes are prohibitively expensive.

Journal Entries

Pakboats.com then dealers?? Bottom of this page has a UK dealer with a phone number, if not there is one in germany who could help??

HTH
    Cheers,

Alan

when i bought mine these guys had the best deal, even including shipping from germany:
    http://www.arts-outdoors.de/Shop/en

if you don't see what you want on their site, send them an email.

4. Default

I can't see any dealer/contact info for the United Kingdom - the box is empty

???

Regarding Germany (or any other EU countries), are is VAT and Duty due on any purchases? I'm thinking 'no', but I'm not 100% sure.

We had trouble finding a UK dealer too, so that was another reason why we got the ALLY from Tamarack, they do a discount to SOTP members too!

Buying from any EU member country means that you pay vat at the rate current in that country and do not get hit with import duty as you would with items from the USA.

Rob.

Ed Bassett who is a member here used to have some deal with them, not sure if he still has but drop him a PM.

Eu to Eu purchases for individuals pay VAT in the sellers country only - there is no duty to pay. The rules are slightly different for company to company transactions.

Journal Entries

Now that's bizarre, it did mention Ed Bassett when I looked...??

Aaahhh some internet weirdness... check here Don't reckon he still does them though, seems old info
    Cheers,

Alan

8. Default

Thanks all
    Alan, I did try emailing Ed at that address ( I must have found that old pakboats page at some point) but no reply as yet.

I've been keeping an eye out on ebay.de but that seems to be a more complicated route than it should be due to the apparent lack of paypal use in Germany.

It's strange how folders (both canoes and kayaks) are so unpopular here, given the general pokiness of our homes. I guess cost has a lot to do with it.

I have a differenent number for Ed, I'll text him. Ed & communication are not great mainly because he spends so much time on the water.

When I was interested in a Pakboat, I got really fast responses to any questions from Alv, the company owner.

Ed is not stocking Pakboats at the moment. Mainly because Pakboat failed to deliver any to our customers after several months trying to get them. I had to refund their deposits. I hope the situation has improved.

Bushcraft Survival and First Aid Training.