Thread: Loch Lomand Wild Glamping!!!!

Some where, no where just hanging about in a tree near water with a canoe

Default Loch Lomand Wild Glamping!!!!

Due to a change in the weather and an urge to paddle Loch Lomand (not the whole loch!!

) I decided to load the trailer and head off taking with me Yvaine, Lollipop and a wee one. We arrived at Lomand around 14.00 at Milarrochy Bay and had a chat with the Rangers who were very helpful and booked us on the wee campsite on Inchcailloch Island for a small fee(hence the wild Glamping part of the trip) we headed for Balmaha and unloaded at Balmaha slip way. We set off in a shower storm (scottish weather for you) and paddled towards the island well actually as usual i headed for the wrong one but hey!!!. We arrived at the island and met another ranger who again was helpful we set up camp again i set up the DD Travel Hammock and DD XL Tarp it's second outing and fast becoming my favorite piece of kit. Then hell came calling in the guise of a hen party on a Motor Boat with music blasting frocks and high heels!!!! so i grabbed my axe and headed off towards them to scuppa their vessel the ranger asked me where i was going and what i was going to do she was happy with the plan and wished me on my way!!!! well actually after agreeing with me she told me her colleague was already on the case and was asking them to kindly leave yippeee!!!. I then scouted the compost toilet (hence again the glamping element ). We then had dinner and i decided to take the party on a night paddle one by one (they were in Kayaks!!!) which was enjoyed by all then it was back to camp stoke the fire and have some refreshments!!!. In the morning we struck camp and headed home it was an enjoyable trip and one i will e doing again but this time real wild camping and a different island.

"….a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows.
    The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows." - Sigurd Olson, The Singing Wilderness.

Nice!
    Jim

"God guard me from those thoughts men think
    In the mind alone;
    He that sings a lasting song
    Thinks in a marrowbone."

nice one looked quite calm on the water
    were`s the canoes though looked perfect weather
    cragger
    People keep telling me im in my second childhood I never left my first

Looks good Ian.

Very Nice a good looking Shitter to top the weekend off
    Sometimes you have to lose yourself before you can find anything....................

Nice on and glad you didn't have to hack away someone's keel.
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Journal Entries

Who among us has not been tempted by the illicit thrill of a composting toilet?
    John

Now doing for dog owners what I inflicted on canoeists
    www.DogWalkBloggs.com

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。 My location
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Er.....??

Anyway, good to see you out and about KJ.

I will be up to see you again shortly and will drag you out on a paddle! You have been warned....

Fine words butter no parsnips

Crow Trip Log

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    The composting toilets in Sweden require a fireman's breathing apparatus in order to survive their use.

Doug
    When there's trouble on shore, there's peace on the wave,
    Afloat in the White Canoe.
    Alan Sullivan

Journal Entries

But in Scoltand we only produce the sweetest smelling of deposits
    John

Now doing for dog owners what I inflicted on canoeists
    www.DogWalkBloggs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Er.....??

Anyway, good to see you out and about KJ.

I will be up to see you again shortly and will drag you out on a paddle! You have been warned....
    G, you'll be pleased to know that none of us got wet other than for the rain (+ beer) on Saturday night! The composting toilets were a welcome surprise and not smelly at all.

Look forwards to your visit.
    Cheers
    Sue
    The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.- Louis L’Amour

Downriver from the Bywell bridge over the Tyne

Nice one Ian, you weren't up there the weekend Sunday the 15th, were you? The one when cragger and I went over to Loch Ard and Achray (see blogg) around the corner?
    "Everyone looks after themselves
    only I look after myself"

Some where, no where just hanging about in a tree near water with a canoe

Ingo no we weren't but did see your blog sweet, thats on the list to do once the silver lady gets back on the road (car clutch gone but in today so back tomorrow) and will have a reccy of the area. Next time you guys are up let me know and i would love to join you.
    "….a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows.
    The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows." - Sigurd Olson, The Singing Wilderness.

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。 My location
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaine View Post
    G, you'll be pleased to know that none of us got wet other than for the rain (+ beer) on Saturday night! The composting toilets were a welcome surprise and not smelly at all.

Look forwards to your visit.
    Cheers
    Sue
    Pleased to hear it. I'll be up again at the weekend. Will give you a shout...

Fine words butter no parsnips

Crow Trip Log