Thread: Paddling Pals in the Highlands

Default Paddling Pals in the Highlands

Hi there,

We are enthusiastic tandem canoe paddlers looking for others to do some day trips and possible over-night trips in the highlands over the spring and summer months.

We'd like to do e.g. Loch Sheil; Spey; Inverpolly Lochs , and would prefer to paddle with others to aide with the shuttles on some of these trips. We stay in Fort William, so anybody planning on coming up this way soon, get in touch with us.

Mrs Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Mac View Post
    Hi there,

We are enthusiastic tandem canoe paddlers looking for others to do some day trips and possible over-night trips in the highlands over the spring and summer months.

We'd like to do e.g. Loch Sheil; Spey; Inverpolly Lochs , and would prefer to paddle with others to aide with the shuttles on some of these trips. We stay in Fort William, so anybody planning on coming up this way soon, get in touch with us.

Mrs Mac
    Would be happy to join yous (in single kayak rather than canoe, but hey we can get to the same places) if ever you are planning any trips I can get to. I'm West Lothian based and of course need a do-able drive-time to the location but if I can fit trips into my diary am always willing to get out on the water. Almost any water . PM me with any plans that might fit.
    SHG

Hullo Mrs Mac. It's not paddling (unless there's no wind ) but I'm organising a meet for the Open Canoe Sailing Group at Resipole on Loch Sunart over the last weekend in April. If you and your paddling partner wanted to come along and say hello, have a paddle and look at/possibly come for a sail in a sailing canoe you'd be most welcome. There won't be a huge turn out as it's a local meet (as opposed to a national meet which tend to be bigger) but there should be a variety of craft there (maybe even Wavecloud and his SUP ). If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll send you some details.
    Regards, Chris.
    Last edited by Jurassic; 10th-April-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Hi and thanks for contacting us. We're definitely interested in meeting up at Loch Sunart, so can you please send me some more detail. I'm tried to pm you but it won't work and says I can only pm a few folk!? We won't be able to camp as we have visitors that weekend, but will come along and meet up with you at some point over the weekend. Cheers. Looking forward to hearing from you, as we're right keen but can't seem to find folk in our area to paddle with!