Thread: Hi from Garelochhead

Default Hi from Garelochhead

Hi;

Here in sunny(?) Garelochhead. I live about 50 yds from the head of the Gare Loch (that's the one with our nuclear deterrent stationed on or under it, not the one further North). I've got a kayak, but have to lose some weight before I'll fit in it! I used to use a pirogue designed as an open sailing canoe. Used it loads around here (Clyde, Loch Lomond, Loch Eck) until it delaminated one winter.

Now thinking of building myself a simple canoe/pirogue for some fun, and hopefully to get wife and kids on the water.

River vole

Journal Entries

Welcome to Song of the Paddle. I occasionally paddle in your neck of the woods. Usually if I am doing some mackerel fishing.

Hopefully see you on the water some time
    John

Now doing for dog owners what I inflicted on canoeists
    www.DogWalkBloggs.com

Hi River Vole,

Great to have you aboard. We often paddle up on Loch Lomond so maybe we'll get the chance to meet up out on the water some time.

If you fancy meeting up with some paddlers from this neck of the woods, there is a wee get together next weekend here in Lochwinnoch. If you are interested, more details can be found at http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...arch-1st-April

See you soon.
    Robbie & Steph

GL'head, 8 years of good memories, ship's sirens at midnight on New Years Eve. Green Kettle, Knockderry "over the hill".

Quote Originally Posted by River vole View Post
    Hi;

Now thinking of building myself a simple canoe/pirogue for some fun, and hopefully to get wife and kids on the water.

River vole
    Hi there River Vole and welcome. Funny enough been for a paddle today to check out how some of your recently reintroduced cousins are doing.

Plenty good bloggs on here by people who have built really nice stitch and glue wooden canoes. Worth taking a look at.
    Regards,
    Stravaiger.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I will go Canoeing. H. D. Thoreau.

"Waste of time reasoning with the morally demented"

Tried S&G years ago - just didn't feel right. I just prefer simple boats with thin chine logs - hence preference for pirogue.

Also love the kayaks at yostwerks. Wondering if you could build a canoe in a similar fashion?

River vole

Good to have you along for the trip.
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.