Thread: Greetings all

Default Greetings all

Just registered on the forum.
    I live on the North Devon Coast and I've been a kayaker, both on white water and in the surf, for many years.
    I'm also a keen albeit hopeless fisherman.
    I'm just investigating the prospect of a canoe for a bit of fishing and general pleasure boating.
    I've tried sit on tops for fishing but found the inability to move around in them a real pain.
    I'll spend most of my time solo paddling although may very occasionally end up two's up.
    I can't see me doing any white water although I won't totally rule it out as the Barle and the Exe are more or less on my doorstep.
    My local water would be the Taw/Torridge estuary and of course the sea!
    Anyway I shall be browsing and no doubt asking questions in due course although I have to say from the bits I've done so far the 14ft Apache boats have a beautiful line to them.

Welcome to the forum.
    I'm not so far away in Somerset and I've paddled the Torridge and Taw recently with some of the local guys. Most enjoyable it was too.
    Paul Smith is local to you and I'd be surprised if he's not along soon to say hello.
    He's got an Apache 14' too.

Lovely part of the country you're in, happy paddling.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Hello & Welcome,

Lovely part of the world. The Barle is a must!
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

cheers, yep done the barle and the exe many times in the playboat, never in an open though!

Welcome among us
    Sometimes you have to lose yourself before you can find anything....................

Doesn't matter what you paddle, as long as you paddle.
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

oh that's torn it.
    I paddled a 14foot apache the other day (which I didn't wan't to give back) and now I've gone and dipped into the canoe sailing part of the forum.
    there may be trouble (and expense) ahead!