Thread: Hello all...

Default Hello all...

Hello all, been paddling for a few years now in my Sevylor Colorado, yes an inflatable but i love it.
    Currently looking for a family canoe as we now have a dog. If you see a German Shorthaird Pointer sitting it with us....its me

James

Hello & Welcome!

I too had a Colorado, though now paddle a Bell Prospector and my 70-something-year-old parents paddle my old Sevylor and love it. A great way to get on the water.

Might be worth letting folks know what part of the world you're in. Sometimes folk offer to let you try out their canoe on a Meet, which helps you decide what you want! Things to think about include the type of paddling you want to do (stillwater, rivers, whitewater, lake, sea, tandem, solo, with/without camping gear etc), and how much you want to spend. Folk on here are normally happy to advise!
    Covering as many malmiles as possible before being distracted by the pub!

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Hello mate thanks for the info, i live in Poole (Bournemouth). At the moment im looking for a used 16ft'er around 400, possibly an Old Town Scout/169 or a new Apache Tribe

Hi and welcome to the forum, I have the apache tribe which I like, I paddle mostly canals and lochs. it has good primary stability. the freeboard is a little low if you plan to do serious white water. my previous canoe was an old town discovery 158 which would serve you well also I found it too heavy to car top on my own, probabily just poor technique.

Happy paddling. Roy

Another pumphull to the fold.
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.