Thread: Lake Derwent Water trip

Default Lake Derwent Water trip

I have rented a cottage in Keswick for a week in April and intend to canoe on Lake Derwent Water. Can anyone please advise me if it is ok to launch my canoe at Keswick where they rent out the rowing boats? I also need to know if there are any issues regarding access on the Lake or any place that I would not be allowed to paddle or land? It is about thirty years since I last had a holiday in Keswick so I donít even know if they still rent out the rowing boats there! Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers, Dave.

Hopefully this will help - some useful information

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiP View Post
    Hopefully this will help - some useful information
    Thanks for the link. This has loads of useful information. Brilliant. Cheers Dave.

The National Trust have a carpark where you can launch from if you follow the lakeside road (B5289), there'll be a 'few' less people about that end if you can get a parking space!

It's the Kettle Well car park, the NT guy can talk for Britain!
    Last edited by Darkshines; 30th-March-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshines View Post
    The National Trust have a carpark where you can launch from if you follow the lakeside road (B5289), there'll be a 'few' less people about that end if you can get a parking space!

It's the Kettle Well car park, the NT guy can talk for Britain!
    Thanks for the information. I have had a look on Google Maps and found Kettle Well car park and will certainly use it when I am there.
    Cheers, Dave.