Thread: Digital OS maps

Default Digital OS maps

I've had a quick search but nothing popped up.

Anyone any experience of using OS maps on a phone (particularly iphone) as there appears to be a couple of apps available. Its either this or a waterproof map cover and compass

There seems to be two options, one lets you buy a map of an area for a similar price to a paper map, and the other seems to cost a lot more...

Any thoughts?

Ade

Hi, I use viewranger on my n8, it's also available for Iphone , works prettay well. Often it's easier printing off os maps and using an app that gives position in os grid format. Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by mojo19 View Post
    Hi, I use viewranger on my n8, it's also available for Iphone , works prettay well. Often it's easier printing off os maps and using an app that gives position in os grid format. Mojo
    Cheers

I've taken a punt on UK Maps app see here

If nothing else it will assist with diffusing the domestics that ensue when we ignore the satnav due to traffic (the detour is a disaster) and can't quite get to the road atlas in the rear passenger footwell....

Will see how it goes.

A

Not that familiar with iPhone stuff as I have an Android phone and use a couple of apps for mapping. As I have Memory Map for the PC (and a few OS25 maps), I wanted an app that could utilise these - MMTracker does exactly this as it allows you to access all your QCT maps on your phone and as the maps are 'local' to the device, you can get them even when in a bad signal area.

Google Maps (for Android at least) does allow you to cache maps for offline use but it's a bit of a faff getting the maps downloaded. AndNav (free) uses open source maps that although not quite as detailed as OS ones give a pretty good experience at a very good price (free).