Thread: Wanted: Monitor 17b Burner Tube?

Exclamation Wanted: Monitor 17b Burner Tube?

One of the longest shots ever this, but you never know

I'm looking for a replacement burner tube aka: "lipstick" burner for a recently acquired Monitor 17b Touring stove.

It's about 60 years old being one of the "later ones" and they don't make the bits anymore.

It's a brilliant little thing and I'd love to get it running again, so if you can help, give me a shout via PM please.

I'm happy to buy the part or better still; trade a complete stove for a knife sheath, belt or saw pouch, or indeed a combo of belt & sheath, belt & pouch or sheath & pouch depending on the condition of the stove.

cheers

Steve

PS: I've already tried "basecamp" and they more or less said-no chance! as did the fellow stovies on classic camp stoves
    Looking for a 15-16ft polythene open canoe?
    Then buy an SP3 from Nova Craft-simply the best plastic Canadian canoe you can buy

There's a couple of stoves on fleabay, bit pricey though.

Oft him anhaga are gebideš, metudes miltse, žeah že he modcearig geond lagulade longe sceolde hreran mid hondum hrimcealde sę

They are generally, surprisingly valuable.

I recently put my other two up for sale on here, for a lot less than they were worth and ( thankfully as it turns out!) had no takers.

People often have the idea that they are difficult or inconvenient to use.

Well they're not idiot proof but you just need a little bit of common sense when using them, to get the best from them.
    You need to carry meths to prime them, as well as the main fuel, not really an issue with a bit of forethought and experimentation and ideally you need a hard container to transport them.

If you need a brew at hyper-speed, then forget it! the almost ceremonial procedure employed in getting one of these stoves running is part of the attraction, though disregard the two or three minutes it takes to light them up and they often out-do modern gas stoves.

There are some total dogs though and you need to have an idea of what you're getting particularly from ebay.

cheers

Steve
    Looking for a 15-16ft polythene open canoe?
    Then buy an SP3 from Nova Craft-simply the best plastic Canadian canoe you can buy