Thread: Hi from Manchester!

Default Hi from Manchester!

Hey guys!

My name's Phill and I'm based in Altrincham (just south of Manchester)

I visited the forum a few times before I joined and it's a gold mine of information with what seems like a really solid and friendly base of members!

Looking at buying my first canoe soon and can't wait to get out on the water!

Don't wait too long to order your canoe if it has to be built by the factory. Delivery time can be 2 months, or longer if you order during the summer because that is when everybody orders new canoes.

Try to hook up with a local paddling club and find out what they have and like. Don't do what I did, picking a canoe out of a catalogue, never having talked to anyone about how well it performed. I chose a beauty for tandem touring but find now I would like something smaller for solo paddling. Nothing wrong with having two canoes, is there?

Sounds like twice the fun to me!
    I'm asking a few questions in one of the other threads and then I shall be straight to it!

Good to have you along for the trip.
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Hi, nice to have you here!

Hi Phil,
    I have just joined too, seems a great site!
    I am just south of Manchester too, and just got my new boat last week! I went to Brookbank in Stockport. It was my dog's birthday, so I have bought her an inflatable rubber kayak. (She does not like plastic, as she slips off all the time ) And we now have matching buoyancy aids. We have been having a wonderful time, we went to the lake district on the weekend, and did a circumnavigation of lake Windamere. We are going to go along and check out a couple of local clubs to see if we can find more places to go exploring. If you see a yellow and black boat, with a black and white springer spaniel in a red life jacket navigating, that will be us! Fiona