Thread: Bell tent and frontier stove

Thumbs up Bell tent and frontier stove

Hello campers,
    I've decided to sell my Bell tent and frontier stove, (photos atached hopefully)

The tent it about 5 years old I think ,I've had it for 3
    both have been used about a dozen times.
    Tent is 4 metres and is good used condition. Wooden pegs, you might want to improve the door fastening arrangements.. a bit of velcro might do it., but I was content to use it as is.
    Both items must be sold together as the silicone chimney collar has been fitted (see pictures).
    Selling price is 350.00 no offers thanks. This is a bargain price.
    Any questions please PM me.
    Thanks Noel

I'm not getting the Photos, just the two little red squares put clicking 'show pics' doesn't work.
    Just goin with the flow

Apologies. If you send me your email adress I will email them to you.
    Same goes for others interested.
    Been trying to post photos for almost two hours !!!
    Last edited by Nomad Rush; 19th-February-2012 at 02:12 PM.

I'm sure someone will fix your photo problems soon. I was just saying for others folks benefit rather than for myself. Got enough gear already apparently.

Sounds like a nice set up for someone, good luck with the sale.
    Paul .
    Just goin with the flow

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Here they are:

Fran

Thank you Fran,
    I wish I could paddle my computer like that ,

Looks like the gear may be sold ,
    Watch this space for confirmation
    Regards Noel

Me like alot

Is this still available and does it have any kind of ground sheet?

Question Buyer gone AWOL ?

Hi Heath,
    I did/do have an offer to buy the gear but I,ve heard nothing back from the prospective buyer for over a week now,
    If he,s reading this "get in touch mate! your in the lead at the moment but you are about to be overtaken
    if I dont hear by Monday
    I,ll offer it for sale again ,
    In answer to your Question , It does,nt have a ground sheet as such but there is a large plastic tarp that covers just over half the floor area , I slept that side and left the side with the fire to cook etc,
    i ,ll include the plastic tarp in the sale and a mallet for the pegs(2lb lump hammer actually ),
    The Diahatsu fourtrack is already sold I,m afraid and I,m keeping the basket and the Kettle
    Noel
    Last edited by Nomad Rush; 3rd-March-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Would you consider selling just the tent? as I already have a stove.
    Mark

Hello Ranger85,
    Calling Ranger85,
    This is your last chance mate , if you dont contact me ,I,ll be offering the tent for sale again,
    I made my promise to keep it for you and I hate to let anyone down but I cant wait forever,
    Noel

Hello again fellow paddlers and campers, ,
    So my Belltent and Frontier stove is available for sale again,
    see photos & terms above,
    Mmarkk, I really would rather sell both items as a set , but if you make me a good enough offer for the tent I could be persuaded to split them,
    All expressions of interest welcome
    Thanks friends
    Noel

Very interested Just a few questions. What weight is the canvas, would you be prepared to post, where in wales are you?

Cheers

Hi Heath,
    If by weight of canvass you mean ounces per sq meter or similar (how do they state wieght of canvass ?) i really dont know
    I,ll wiegh the entire tent with pegs, poles,(ground sheet and 2lb lump hammer, please see post above)in it,s bag and let you know if you want
    It,s a fairly heavy item, but I would post if you cover cost, It would need a courier as it,s too big/heavy to put in the post box !!
    I,m in Mid wales between Newtown (4 miles)and Welshpool (10 miles) in Powys, about 30 miles from Shrewsbury,almost on the banks of the Severn if you fancy a paddle ?
    Hope that helps,
    Noel

Thanks, i did mean ounces per square metre. You say in your original post about the door fastening. What is the current arrangement?

If you look at the photo with the Diahatsu you will see the lower portion of the door which forms the wall ,folded loosely at the side,
    The roof opening zips down to the overhang and this lower/wall section goes across and is fastened by a toggle,
    this wall section tends to hang down a bit and theres a gap along it,s top edge , my idea was to fix this with a few squares of velcro to hold the top edge up under the overhang, but it was never a problem and I was happy to use it as it was, it would only be an issue if the wind was blowing directly in the door , and if anyone pitched the tent like that they deserve what they get in my opinion it would certainly make the fire draw I suppose. . .
    Hope that answers your question,
    It will probably be weekend before I can weigh the tent if you still want to know, I,ll have to use a nieghbours bathroom scales or something, get on holding tent ,get on without,do the maths
    Regards Noel

Don't worry about weighing it, it was the thickness of the canvas that i was wondering about.

Just a BUMP here ,
    my Bell tent and frontier stove is still available ,
    Regards Noel

Now then NR,

What make is the tent? Not sure if I have missed it but do you have the diameter and centre height as well please?

Sorry, this is fairly off topic, but would you have any photos of canoes on top of fourtrak, as we have the exact same roof rack on ours and I have been wondering how to safely attach our 16ft'r!matty

Question Details Details Details ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaw View Post
    Now then NR,

What make is the tent? Not sure if I have missed it but do you have the diameter and centre height as well please?
    Hi jackdaw,
    I dont know the make other than its a bell tent , Its 4mt diameter and approx 9ft at centre (havent measured it but thats a guestimate) I,m 6ft tall and I cant reach into top of tent when its erected,
    Hope this helps
    Noel

Quote Originally Posted by Mattywinter View Post
    Sorry, this is fairly off topic, but would you have any photos of canoes on top of fourtrak, as we have the exact same roof rack on ours and I have been wondering how to safely attach our 16ft'r!matty
    Hi Mattywinter,
    It couldnt be simpler , put canoe on roof rack , pass webbing under roof bar over canoe under roof bar back over canoe buckle and tighten do same at other end , then take rope from loop at front of canoe down to tow ring on front of fourtrack (under bumper) back up to canoe down to tow ring other side of fourtrack back to canoe and secure, this stops canoe from slewing , you can do same at back if you wish but its not actually necessary , I,ve done literally thousands of miles with canoe on rack like this and never a hint of problems
    Hope that helps . I do have photos but I,m a computer imbecile so cant post them , just take my word for it ,
    hope that helps
    Noel

Cheers!!!

Hope you dont mind Noel,the bell tent originally came from The Scout Shop.

Thanks Marcus,

The Scout shop Bell tent and Frontier stove are still for sale,
    Whats the problem here folks ?
    Lots of folks seem to like these tent/stove set ups but no one seems to actualy want to own one

Suggestions please, how do I rehome this gear ??
    Noel

Tent and stove now sold,
    long live eBay !
    Noel