Thread: Teen canoeist rescued from Campsie Linn Rapids

Default Teen canoeist rescued from Campsie Linn Rapids

Sounds like this one has a happy ending, hope she's OK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-15919592
    Cheers
    Mark

"When I wanted to know something, I wanted it undistorted by somebody else's imperfect knowledge" Milton Erickson

No mention of the rest of her group . Hope she wasn't on her own, the lower Tay was very high on Sunday.

So glad she was ok. I've only ever been down Campsie Linn once, and I was scit shared all the way!
    Juvanile delinkwit (retired), vaguely faffing around with a pair of pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    No mention of the rest of her group . Hope she wasn't on her own, the lower Tay was very high on Sunday.
    From this http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Per...nn-rapids.html it seems she was sharing a canoe but not part of a larger group.
    Good to see both canoeists seem to be OK.
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

The courier video of the tay descent is the right most (looking upstream) of the over falls, and the level on the tay descent day was at least a metre higher than the second video where the inflatable goes through first. I was doing the safety cover (blue helmet at the end of the vid).

I suspect that on the day of the rescue it was even higher. The main chute would be taking no prisoners and it would be very hard to rescue from the island at that level without an open boat (e.g. canoe or motor boat). Given a boat, and local knowledge, it would be to pick-up at the bottom of the island after a ferry glide across the main stream (e.g. a small club outing). However the heli would be the safest overall given the available resources.

Philip