Thread: Metzeler Tramper Tandem / Solo Inflatable Kayak

Default Metzeler Tramper Tandem / Solo Inflatable Kayak

Hi,

Tandem inflatable kayak for sale. Manufactured in 1992 (yes really). Quite rare I guess. This is my second.

There are three seat positions; two which are used when paddling tandem and a third which is used for solo. The seat-backs and foot-rests are made from varnished wood and have brass ends; inflatables, they're not made like they used to be

I'm only selling because I have a replacement which means I'm not going to be using this one much.

The fabric and seams are in fantastic condition.

There are however three pin-prick holes that I managed to pick up about two years ago. The holes were fixed at the time with tear-aid type B repair tape and have never needed any further attention.

The valves are perfect (I also have some spares) and the whole boat is 100% air-tight. It will stay inflated for 48 hours + no problem. There are three main chambers plus two inflatable spray decks.

It's meant to be paddled with a kayak paddle but I've always used a (slightly shorter than normal) canoe paddle. The are two strakes along the keel line to aid tracking.

It's very well made and could well last another 18 years.

I don't have many decent photos (perhaps none) so I will try to get more taken soon.

The first two are of my boat whereas the third I borrowed from the internet so you can see it viewed from a different angle.

The second photo shows the capacity and dimensions.

Pressure is 0.24 Bar.

It comes with the original pump and carry bag which doubles as a dry bag. It does not come with paddles.

I'm open to offers around 200 (Not bad for a piece of inflatable history )

If paying by PayPal buyer to pay fees. It would probably cost around 10 for courier delivery but collection is welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Tom

Default Re Metzeler Tramper

Hi, is the boat still for sale? If so, please would you call me on 07870677803?
    Thanks, Rupert.

Hi Rupert,

I'll give you a call today.

Cheers,

Tom

Default Did you sell your Metzeler?

Tom,

Did you sell your Metzeler Tramper?

I am a former Metzeler employee, a warranty repairman. I love the Tramper, and I have always regreted not getting one. At 62, a Tramper would be much easier to handle in all ways. Fond memories of working for Metzeler/Los Angeles.

I am in California, and I would be willing to pay the overseas shipping. Though I am on a budget, with my age.

John Adams
    Arcata, Ca.

Hi John,

Thanks for your interest. It's still for sale; I phoned Rupert and left a couple of messages but did not hear back.

I've had a quick look online (www.interparcel.com) for shipping costs and based on a weight of 16kg and dimensions of 60cm x 50cm x 50cm the cost would be 100!

There's probably cheaper options and I'd also need to get exact measurements.

Cheers,

Tom
    Last edited by EarlyRiser; 13th-October-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Default Hi Tom

Hi Tom,

I see the 200 pound beginning offer figure. I would agree to that price. Since the dollar value, brings the price up to $320. With the 81 pound shipping cost, $130 US, that will fit
    into my budget. I'm on a rather small disabilty income budget (head injury.)

If you have a PayPal account, I can send you the money that way. Or I could get a international money order, and mail it to you. With the money order, you will not lose any money to the PayPal fee.

Thanks again for the boat deal. It means alot to me. i had allot of fun working for Metzeler. Though I never boaght one of their kayaks, and I regret that.

I have a hand pump, and a double paddle.

As a former Metzeler repair person, I will be using our technique seal pinholes, to put a sealant inside the tubes. Permanently closing-up old holes, or preventing new ones which start from the inside. The fabric fatigue which happens on all 10 + years old. I think that the Metzeler Tramper was the only inflatable canoe or kayak which rivals the handsomeness of a wood canoe.

I wrote to you yesterday, but the email got caught-up in the Song sign-in requirement. John Kelley just wrote to inform me.

Good Day,
    John

John,

I will send you a private message with the necessary details.

Many thanks,

Tom

Sold to John.

Many thanks,

Tom