The River Wey & Godalming Navigations is owned and operated by the National Trust. It has 14 well spaced locks and two sets of Flood Gates. The Navigation connects to the River Thames, the Basingstoke Canal and the Wey & Arun Canal (currently under restoration).The Wey Navigation opened in 1653 and was one of the first British rivers to be made navigable. In 1764 the Godalming Navigation opened, creating a 20-mile waterway running from the Thames at Weybridge to Godalming - now the southern-most part of the inland waterway network. The River Wey and Godalming Navigations
All craft must have a licence available from :-
The Navigations Office,
Tel: 01483 561389
Fax: 01483 531667
Canoes can use the waterways under BCU membership providing the BCU licence is clearly displayed.
Map of the River Wey & Godalming Navigations
Leaflet of Information for Boat Users (pdf)
There are no official campsites on or adjacent to the River Wey & Godalming Navigations.