Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

I was on a canoe course last week and loved it. Just got myself a canoe yesterday, a stearns inflatable. Im not sure if it will be viewed as a real canoe but at least its not a kayak. Suits my requirements well at the moment.

Had a look at the site and im looking forward to trying out some of the Loch Lomond routes, starting this weekend.

Cheers

Iain

Inflatables are ok as long as you only use a single paddle, no double paddles allowed .

MickT
    It'll be right, trust me, I'm a Yorkshireman.

::>>> I'd rather be lucky, than good.

Journal Entries

Where did you do your course?

Also if you want company on your paddle it can be worth while posting in the meet ups section with details of when you are going. There are a few of us in your area so a decent chance someone might want to come along. Although in saying that I know I am tight on paddling time this weekend but I am sure we will meet up sometime.

Cheers guys

Dont worry i got myself one of those single bladed paddles with my canoe. I went on an introduction course at the National Kayak School, Aberfeldy. I still need to learn to paddle solo tho. Ive got a partner for this weekend but i will probably go to Castle Semple Loch, as recommended, at some point to learn the J-stroke.

Hi Mate
    After trying out my mate Split's inflatable I wish I had bought one myself they are great little crafts,I am still thinking about it or how to justify another boat to my better half(2 kayaks 2 open canoes).Mike B...

Journal Entries

Welcome aboard and happy paddling!
    The perfect canoe -
    Like a leaf on the water

welcome to the site. im in glasgow too so if you need someone to go on trips etc don't hesitate to ask.

regards
    james