Thread: Demo day at Silvergirl's Strathyre meet...

Default Demo day at Silvergirl's Strathyre meet...

I have had a wee private chat with Sivergirl about this weekend and we have suggested that we run this weekend in conjunction with a demo day that I had promised elsewhere on the forum.

I know this is silly short notice for folk, but it is how I'm running my life just now, not thinking or planning too far ahead.

Anyway, who would be interested in joining the group for a demo paddle in my canoes?

At the moment Silvergirl is looking to paddle/mini journey on the Saturday (R. Lairig/Loch Doine/Balquidder/R. Balvag/Strathyre campsite). I am quite happy that folk use my boats for this (I'll paddle the kevlar one on the rocky bits !).

However, I am aware that there is a parking/narrow road issue beyond Balquidder and I will have a motorhome and trailer for the 6 canoes. This means that we will have to ensure that only the minimum no. of cars go up the glen.

Sunday's suggestion is Loch Lubnaig. This will be better for playing/sailing/rescues/ etc.

Due to other paddling buddies demanding a jaunt I'd rather just do one day for the demo, but if enough folk twist my arm..............

The canoes are
    Wenonahs Spirit2, tandem
    Rogue tandem
    Prospector 16, set up solo, only one seat
    Prism solo
    Solo Plus (both T and S)
    NovaCraft Supanova solo

That is 7 places, but 2 are spoken for. Folk can swap round throughout the day at will. Obviously other boats can be used, so party size is not restricted to 7.

Folk should be aware that these are my personal boats, not company demos, but I expect them to get scratched with normal use, so as long as you take normal care you can relax and enjoy your day.
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

Journal Entries

I hadn't realised it was my own personal meet but there you go .

Thank you Tenboats for allowing us to trash, I mean try your boats .

Paul C and I would especially like to try the Supanova and the Soloplus,
    we will be taking our wenonah 16' prospector set up for tandem use if anyone wants to try that.
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'

I can probably only make Sunday but would be quite keen on driving up for the day - it's not far from Edinburgh - if there were boats to play with.

I'd like to try out the Prospector(s) as that is the current front runner in the new boat stakes.

Pedantic point, are they WeNoNahs, Novas or another make? I'm tending towards the WeNoNah because of the increased rocker, I like a bit of moving water, but would be interested to try them all. Don't supose anyone has a WeNoNah 15' Prospector?

TenBoats, thanks for this, really generous of you to share your time and boats.
    Veni Vidi Natavi

my Prospector, and Silvergirl's are both Wenonahs. There are 15 footers about 'locally', but I don't know if there will be any there this weekend?

Journal Entries

David B. has a 15' wenonah prospector, he was originally planning on coming for the weekend.

As far as I know he is on a ww trainning course at Glenmore lodge this week so there is no way of checking he'll definatly be there.
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'

Default Just about to leave....

for Strathyre.

As generally not too many folk going (?) I'm leaving the Prism and Prospector at home, rather than find I have to leave them on the trailer. There will be other 16' Prospectors there.

I'm going to be there both days, but I'm looking for a shorter day on Sunday, unless we get loads of late arrivals.

Magickelly has my (Nicky's) mobile, drop him a PM if you need to...............I'm out of the door now.

Cheers
    TB