Thread: paddlers in leeds/w yorks

Talking paddlers in leeds/w yorks

hi all.
    i am looking for some paddling partners in the leeds or n or w yorks area. i am looking to develop my ww skills and do some canoe tripping/camping up in scotland.

simes

Hi Mate just answered your Hello thread.
    My brother David B and a few others round our area are looking for WW paddling partners I just don't have the confidence or skill yet to do anything other than an easy grade1,but I would be happy to stay bankside and make up a safety team. Mike B...

mike b
    would love to paddle with you this winter. i am a trainee level 3 canoe coach so would be willing to do a bit of coaching on ww too.
    am in hebridees until september before moving back to leeds. aah, the life of a freelance outdoor instructor!!
    simes

Hi Simon
    I am looking for someone to paddle whitewater with. I am just on my way to Glenmore Lodge for an Intermediate Whitewater course. So hopefully after that I should be able to cope with most of the conditions that would be encountered in Yorkshire Rivers.
    So i look forward to getting together when you return from the far north.
    I Started out with nothing! and i still have most of it left.

Lightbulb

fantastic dave b.
    enjoy the course and see you on the river this winter...!
    pm me and i'll give you my contact details in leeds.

simes

Hi Simon, Have just recently joined the site and am in need of paddling partners as I have just moved back to West Yorkshire and as yet do not know of places to paddle and who with. Would be interested in getting out whenever possible.Just let me know. Lee.
    Leone_blanco

Default Another leeds boater up for a paddle! Free Coaching too!

This is starting to look like a recipe for some good floats! I live in Leeds and am dead frustrated at having no one to paddle with here. I would be dead keen to meet up for a paddle if anyone is interested. No rivers this time of year for the obvious reasons but there are plenty of lakes to go have fun on before it starts to rain. Nice big car to shuttle with/hide in and drink tea when cold and I always have spare fruit loaf to munch on

I am also looking to take my Level 3 canoe assessment (to go with my L3 kayak ) this coming season so I would happy to do some free coaching for anyone who would like it.

Pm me for a phone number guys and gals and we can go float!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    No rivers this time of year
    Maybe no Proper whitewater, but still a few rivers to go at, The Aire at Kirkstall has a good weir, Linton weir on the ouse for a play and a trip to york. Howsham weir on the Derwent and a run down to Elvington would make a good day trip.
    The only one of the above I have done is the Aire weir. Do mainley to the lack of company.

PM Sent.
    I Started out with nothing! and i still have most of it left.

Default paddling yorkshire

ho you lot
    i will be looking to go paddling in this area as soon as i pick up my new boat this weekend.
    i've paddled www in a kayak many years ago then got fed up with caoneing!! decided to get back into it via open boating done a bit but could do with brushing up rusty skills.
    i live in doncaster(nobody is perfect)
    keep in touch
    andym

Hi all Yorkshire paddlers

At some point soon there will be the Yorkshire Single Bladers group set up using the Yorcie web site for an informal club based on line to meet up with other boaters etc... in the the region.

Keep an eye on Yorcie web site will be coming soon.

G

Journal Entries

What's wrong with using this web site ?
    John

Nowt wrong with this site, it's not competition just hopefully going to be another resource to promote open boating

Perhaps you should copy details to both sites so as not to upset the Grand Moff Magikelly ... I mean fair point and all, its a great site and some of us only have enough time for one website, It would feel like I was cheating on someone . In the mean this is like a big family . On a serious note its a great idea, even if only a day at a lake. Pugneys in Wakefield is easily accessable or Hollingworth Lake maybe. Lets throw some dates and ideas around.
    Leone_blanco

Journal Entries

My original comment may have seemed a bit more sharp than it was. I have no problem with other sites for canoeists and the more that can be done to encourage canoeing the better.

My point was to make sure that you were not concerned about clogging up this site with lots of meetings in the Yorkshire area. There is currently more meet ups etc arranged and talked about in the west of Scotland than any other area but I would not want those syphoned off to another site to keep it clear on here. The more we interact and exchange information the better, I feel.
    John