Thread: Hi from Jac

Default Hi from Jac

I met some of you at the late April Loch Lomond meet. I came along with JimH.

I'm getting a Pakboat very soon.. was hooked when I saw Lucas's... so I am hoping to be on the water most weekends and avoiding stuff like housework etc...

Jim introduced me to the delights of wild camping - never would've thought I could do without a bathroom, never think about it now when on a trip!

Looking forward to time on the water and more meets!

Jac

Welcome again Jac.

I am sure the hammock helped in the conversion to wild camping

The the folding canoes certainly have a lot going for them, just remember a pump or be prepared for a lot of puffing And does this mean JimH will be back to paddling solo again?
    John

Default Solo paddling...

Hmm... forgot about the pump bit! I'll make sure I have a good one... Not sure I have much 'puff'. Just completed a defibrilator course and had difficulty getting the dummy's chest to rise!

Jim goes out with his pals quite often fishing etc so I don't get the opportunity to do much with him, hence the need to get a canoe of my own! He's managed to squeeze me in for a paddle tomorrow though! and I reckon we'll still do stuff together when we can.

I have quite a few friends lining up to come out with me when I get it, although so far none fancy camping

Take care
    Jac

Quote Originally Posted by Jac
    I met some of you at the late April Loch Lomond meet. I came along with JimH.

I'm getting a Pakboat very soon.. was hooked when I saw Lucas's... so I am hoping to be on the water most weekends and avoiding stuff like housework etc...

Jim introduced me to the delights of wild camping - never would've thought I could do without a bathroom, never think about it now when on a trip!

Looking forward to time on the water and more meets!

Jac
    There's nothing quite like it, eh?

Glad to hear you've caught the "bug."
    The perfect canoe -
    Like a leaf on the water