Thread: Laavu / tipi

Default Laavu / tipi

Hi, i'm really looking for a 2nd hand laavu / tipi. Preferably a helsport Varanger or similiar

There used to be loads of them on ebay (when i didnt have the money), now there are none (no that i have the money)

I bought my Helpsort Reinfjell 4-6 new for 252 last year, this is a Helsport Porsanger with just minor differences. As I recall the UK seller has family in Norway and has access to this model at a favourable deal, otherwise they are only available from one very large retailer in Oslo. Anyway it's a quality ripstop tipi, I'm sure I posted pictures with a blogg on a trip across Scotland in October last year. I think the seller is also a member of SOTP, also can be found on e-bay selling this tipi. (No inner, and I wouldn't recommend the Helsport design of floor, having lots of velcro and gaps). Packs small, really good vent system, great for one, fine for two or three.

thanks jester, can you send me a link to the seller? or esome way of contacting them?

i have searched ebay and nothing comes up

If you go into e-bay, put in search 'Helsport Tipi', all categories, and that should find one for sale now. (I haven't looked closely so please do check it's the same if thats what you want) I note that the price on ebay is higher, I guess through e-bay and using paypal he is having to pay both their fees. I bought for less from him directly. The seller is a member of SOTP, elktipi. If you select Search on SOTP and put in 'Helsport' I'm sure you'll find the posts he's placed. Needless to say I've got no link with him other than having bought the one tipi.
    Hope this helps.

cheers mate, i see it on their now, i'll grab it as soon as i win or loose the boat i'm bidding on at the moment!

Default Laavu / tipi