Thread: New Pics on Front Page

Default New Pics on Front Page

Hi MK

Just thought I'd comment on the great new pics on the front page. I'm probably a bit guilty of navigating straight to the forum pages, and not looking at the main site too often. But anyway, saw them this morning and they look very nice.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto
    Hi MK

Just thought I'd comment on the great new pics on the front page. I'm probably a bit guilty of navigating straight to the forum pages, and not looking at the main site too often. But anyway, saw them this morning and they look very nice.
    Which pics are these Matto? The front page (home) looks the same to me.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hill_billy
    Which pics are these Matto? The front page (home) looks the same to me.
    http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/

I changed them last night, in a quiet minute I had.

When I first set up the site I had not that many pictures and always planned to update them. We now have a much bigger base of pictures so I should go through and update the pictures on all the pages, where needed but never quite get round to it. I changed the front page ones as the original first picture was okay but a bit bleak looking. The new one looks a bit more inviting and the silhouette seemed to fit the book quote.

I was going to comment myself. The one of the paddlers silhouetted against the setting (rising ?) sun is just superb. Would make great "wallpaper" for a PC, any chance we can download a full size version ?

Journal Entries

Not a problem. I will upload the original tonight and post a link.

The one of the paddlers silhouetted against the setting (rising ?) sun is just superb. Would make great "wallpaper" for a PC, any chance we can download a full size version ?
    Glad to hear we look superb, John did a good job! Yup, I have stolen this pic for my PC wallpaper too. I was actually working very hard as I normally paddle bow but Stuart (Blink) and I had swapped positions and the dog was up front with him too, moving the boat all over the place. Was a fab, chilly day - Balmaha bay even had an ice crust!

Susan
    Those with spotless homes have very dull lives.

Journal Entries

Okay, link to full size image is here

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/end...allpaper_1.jpg

Right click on link and select "save as" to save to your computer or just click on link as normal and when the picture appears use "file" "save as" option. If you click on it as a normal link remember that the image may be re-sized to fit your browser window, so it may display smaller than it is.

Its still the same as always here

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Its still the same as always here
    Go to the front page then hold down the "Ctrl" button and click on "refresh" to load the current page. Your computer is probably just loading the previous page from its cache.

Wow...thats better, nice pics, cheers John.

Great Pics John.
    I did the same logged on clicked forum, double take, go back a page and take in the wonderful new pics. Nice one.
    They really are most inviting.
    Anyway heading up to the Spey in 2 days and still got gear to buy, off to re read some posts.
    Cheers
    Rich

Cheers John, I've saved a copy...