Thread: North Yorks Meet

Default North Yorks Meet

How
    about a day or weekend meet a Sleningford water mill http://www.ukparks.co.uk/sleningford/
    Plenty to do for none paddlers good potential for moving water paddling or poling. Also for fly fishing.
    If interested post here with prefered dates.
    I Started out with nothing! and i still have most of it left.

Default Re North Yorks Meet

Sounds great!!
    Fri 02/06/2006 -Tues 06/06/2006

Fri 23/06/2006-Sun 25/06/2006

If I can get permission from (The First Wife) I call her this It keeps her on her toes.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by deano
    Sounds great!!
    Fri 02/06/2006 -Tues 06/06/2006

Fri 23/06/2006-Sun 25/06/2006

Dean
    Sorry none of the above are any good for me. This shift and weekend working may pay the bills but it dont half screw up your paddling days.

The acess to the river outside the confines of the campsite is every second sunday every forth Saturday and every thursday in a calendar month. If I have got my calculations right these dates are star marked.
    So we could have a river run from Mickley.

good for me would be
    17/18 June
    1/2 July
    15/16 July
    22/23 July****** (Fourth Saturday)
    29/30 July
    12/13 August*****(Second Sunday)
    26/27 August ******(Bank Holiday Sleningford will be very Busy)(Fourth Saturday)
    Or Maybe we could Try for a Thursday day trip
    Last edited by David B; 23rd-May-2006 at 08:51 AM.

David,
    15/16 july is ok with me.
    Same for me shifts and weekends,
    anymore info on Mickley.

Dean

Default Slenningford Mill trip

Hi David & Deano
    I would be interested in the weekend 22nd & 23rd July, if you have the dates correct
    Just joined the site, not long been paddling open boat with my other half, she is getting into it, we have our own boat now

Hope to see you on the water soon

John & Sharon
    Best Regards

John Middleton

John & Sharon,
    Welcome

22/23/ july Sorry Work, it always gets in the way of a day out

Dean

You Know if it's a weekend I'll be up for it bruv.Also might be selling the old boat to a workmate and know he'll be up for it also but will probably just want to play in the long pools.Fly fishing,Canoeing,and Blacksheep Bitter all on one site sounds like heaven. Mike B...

Any one fancy giving Slenningford a try this weekend (27/8/9)?
    It should be interesting with all the recent rain!
    Phil

The main problem this weekend is it's bank holiday and the place gets maxed out with kayakers and fishermen, but might call up seeing as it's not a million miles away. It might be worthwhile looking at alternatives though. Mike B...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Any one fancy giving Slenningford a try this weekend (27/8/9)?
    It should be interesting with all the recent rain!
    Phil
    Could do Saturday Maybe.
    As This river is grade 2 it could certainly be entertaining , bank support would be a must in the present conditions.

Hi I'll probably just go and play in the two pools -just to practice. I think the rapids will be a bit beyond me at the mo!
    Phil

I am up for playing in the pools though I think they may be going a bit with all the rain.
    If the rivers to fierce we could have a bimble along the ripon canal.

Sounds like a plan forming

Going to head over to slenningford this (sat) afternoon, any one fancy joining me?
    Phil.

Phil sorry didnt make it to Sleningford.
    probably going to do the Derwent. Howsham wier to Elvington tomorrow 12 miles flatish water.
    Having a drive out to check levels and parking today with SHMBO will confirm here tonight if anyone is interested.

No worries - it was pretty packed any way!
    I was suprised at the water level though - not especialy high
    Phil

Anyone likely to be at Slenningfiord on sunday?

I may go but have just had two days up at Keld (not paddling) and the Swale is very low, so the Ure is likely to be very low too.

Sorry
    I am traveling up to Glenmore lodge on Sunday for a whitewater course.
    I agree Sleningford will probably be too low for most of the summer. So how about a flat water trip. Maybe a long day from Ripon to Linton Lock camp site. Or make it a weekend and carry on down to York.

Good idea David, which WW course are you doing (I was planning on trying their intro to WW -Kayak course later this year )?
    Phil

Have been out climbing today and came back through Ripon - the Ure is realy low - probably unrunnable at Slenningford so it's a day of DIY for me unfortunately.

Evening all

I've just joined this forum, been googling a bit over the weekend about uk canoe and kayak options. I'm in Harrogate and would make up numbers for a local meet. Weekend working and commitments to some shows will take up a few weekends though.

Has anyone consdered something after work during the week, get a good start and it gives a couple of hours. If the weather is nice then you sohuld have a good sunset to round it off. At least this way you get to see how the day is going during the day and can hedge your bets that the early evening will be just as good. Maybe trade mobile numbers and text if it looks promising. Will you look at that, been here 5 minutes and asking for telephone numbers already.

So, I'm a complete novice but need to get some practise in, the suggestion of Slenningford sounds good. I have a Klepper Kayak so at least the assembly part of it should keep people amused. Anyone know what they charge for visitors to turn up and splash around?

All the best

They charge 3, I was ther yesterday the water is very low!( lots of deep nasty scratches in my brand new kayak !!).
    But as the summer nights are now here, an evening canal/river canoe paddle has been talked about already - ripon would be good.
    Phil