Thread: rescue resin or dump ?

Default rescue resin or dump ?

Having a little problem with a tin of poly resin,yea I know that I should have got epoxy,but being an impatient br.. I went for poly as it was available,had I waited a week, well too late now,anyway the prob is this,
    started using the stuff with no major problems in the begining,have a heated workshop so temp not an issue,untill the heating went off
    the tin of resin I was using was left on the bench overnight closed,the temp dropped to -6 got the heating back on but when I went to use the resin it was like jelly is there a way of returning it to its original liquid state?,or is it beyond use,any ideas.
    Rain is only beer thats still to be made

You could try standing the tin in a bucket of warm water for a while ,if you haven"t already.

I suppose it might just be cold. If it does return to a liquid state make sure you give it a good stir/shake (which your meant to do before use anyway) as some separation may have occured.
    Your not supposed to let resin get that cold so I would test it before using it on anything.

I wish I had a heated workspace - green with envy.
    It all started with a folding boat I built at school...