Thread: Bags

Default Bags

Wanted,
    Two small red, blue, or any colour other than silver buoyancy bags. Or swap for two used "voyager" silver ones, I think they are medium sized ish.
    Silver just does not look right in a cream canoe.....
    To me anyway.
    Also, does any body know where I can get hold of a 50" paddle with a reasonable sized blade. Mt Daughter has a 42" at present, but this is too small. The childrens models go to 48", but if the blade is similar to her present model, would not move quite enough water for her.
    Thank you,
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......

2. Default

Richard, you could always keep the silver bags and simply cover them with a cheap closed cell sleeping pad from millets/tesco/yourfavouritesupplier. Colours come in blue, red, green, yellow - those are the ones I've seen but there may be other colours. This also gives added protection to the bags.

Robb

Soggy,
    Good idea, I must learn to use my brain in the new year.
    The silver jobs actually look like good quality items, so a covering would be very satisfactory. Thanks,
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......

Default smaller paddle

Hi,

All depends on whether you want a wooden or not but If you cant find a 50'' paddle you could try cutting one down to size.

If you got hold of one of the tubular aluminium ones (I have a pair of econimical TNP paddles) you could cut off some of the tube with a pipe cutter and re-insert the T-grip.
    It all started with a folding boat I built at school...