Thread: Wanted Gimotex Palava

Default Wanted Gimotex Palava

Hi,

I am looking for a Gumotex Palava for sale, I have recently started going out with my friends who have inflatables and Im hooked and need my own.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Default Have one, may sell.

Hi,

I have a Gumotex Palava. I've had some good use from it, but now have two small children and a roofrack, so I'm looking to change to a "hard shell" canoe. I was intending to keep the Gumotex as a spare, for going out with friends, etc, but I'd consider selling.

It is used, but in good condition. I've also glued in an extra set of seat brackets (which I obtained from Gumotex) just behind the center line in the perfect solo paddling position, which definitely helps for solo river work.

It has some scratches on the bottom like any canoe, but nothing serious, I don't think.

It is the model with the seat boards at an angle - I think they now make them sit flat.

A couple of pictures from last year (it has hardly been used since then due to birth of baby number 2...)

This latter taken by MagiKelly! I'll even consider throwing in the sail I made if you are interested as while I could use it with a hard canoe, in that I could mount a mast foot so other sail options become available...

If you are interested, pm me with some idea of what you think you might want to pay, and we can discuss from there.

Ben

Default PM Sent

PM sent

What's a Gimotex??

Gumotex Palava

Default Deal Done!

Well, thanks Adam. Deal done, and I hope she serves you as well as she has me.

I'm now canoeless, but is it all in aid of getting a prospector in the new year, once some other bits of money have come in. So, next time anyone is selling a Royalex one second hand, let me know

Thanks again to Magikelly, and all the others who work to build this community that has meant that this is THE natural meeting place for open canoe people in the UK. I've taken the opportunity of this sale to become a contributing member on a little of the proceeds of the sale as my (very) small thank you.

Ben