Thread: Carlisle Canoes

Default Carlisle Canoes

Unfortunately my local canoe emporium was out of vinyl D-rings, and I wanted them asap with various trips coming up. I was very impressed with Carlisle Canoes- delivered to my door 23 hours after ordering by phone, and charged just a pound for p+p for d rings plus glue.

No connection except as a satisfied customer. Royal Mail did well too.

Journal Entries

I got my We No Nah from them too and was very satisfied with their service.

Preparing for the weekend are we Doc ? I just patched the airbags last night and I have plans to fit the grab loops tonight if I can bring myself to drill holes in my hull .

On the edge of a large city by a large loch

Default Canoe shop horror story

I use Bournemouth canoes now as a supplier as I bought a kayak from a well known shop based in the central belt and their service was terrible. They did not even appear to know much about the gear they sold.

I bought a touring kayak with an expedition kit fitted which included a foam bulkhead and hatch, the bulkhead leaked on its maiden voyage on the west coast, I took it back for repair, they tried but the repair did not work. I picked the kayak up and it was filled with rotten leaves and water! Eventually trading standards were called in and I got a full refund after months of hassle.

Ever since I've dealt with a bigger company. Okay postage is dearer but ...horses for courses.

Woodsmoke
    Expand your mind there's plenty space for it...

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly
    I got my We No Nah from them too and was very satisfied with their service.

Preparing for the weekend are we Doc ? I just patched the airbags last night and I have plans to fit the grab loops tonight if I can bring myself to drill holes in my hull .
    Not only have we the weekend BCUstarfest courtesy of Prospector, but I am going off on a solo trip on Tuesday next week, weather permitting. Probably Loch Laidon.

Drilled my hull at the weekend. Didn't hurt much.

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by woodsmoke
    I use Bournemouth canoes now as a supplier
    I tend to think that Bournemouth Canoes are a sister company, or at least connected, to the long established Kayaks and Paddles shop in Plymouth. In which case, I'd have high expectations, as the Plymouth shop has been excellent over the years - that's where out OT's came from.

In fairness tho' I've found that ASWatersports in Exeter are just as good, so I try and split purchases between the two now, just to make sure thay both get a share.

Sorry, have the thread back now ...
    Last edited by MagiKelly; 9th-May-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Fix K&P link