Thread: drysuits

Default drysuits

does anyone know where i can get a one piece drysuit that is not in a bright colour they all seem to be red blue yellow or orange.

Quote Originally Posted by fern View Post
    does anyone know where i can get a one piece drysuit that is not in a bright colour they all seem to be red blue yellow or orange.

Loads of places Fern but here's one for starters

I used to think i was in love and then i bought a Supernova

Default Gul Infra Drysuit

I got my Gul Infra Drysuit from the above mentioned wetsuit outlet 2 weeks ago. Appart from great value for money it is not a really bright colour like some other makes.

Good Luck
    Mitch

I'm really happy with my Crewsaver Hyperdry Pro (in black and grey) too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch164 View Post
    I got my Gul Infra Drysuit from the above mentioned wetsuit outlet 2 weeks ago. Appart from great value for money it is not a really bright colour like some other makes.

Good Luck

I think this is the replacement for the Gul Solent which I use (grey and blue).

Mitch: is it possible to use the front zip in the Infra as a relief zip? (It is in the Solent, but the zip seems shorter in the Infra??)
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

Default Gul Infra Dry Suit

No problems at all!
    That was the first thing I did no problems at all. The free underfleece that you get with it is very warm too.

Mitch
    Mitch

Try the Northern Diver website www.ndiver.com

Try DAM Watersports for made to measure open boat specific dry suits. I bought one earlier this year and it is fab! Mine is black and dark blue.
    email Andi Riley on damwatersportsATyahoo.co.uk

What's the sizing like on the Gull and Crewsaver suits? Is it safe buying of the net or are you likely to have fitting problems?
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Default drysuit

thanks for all the replys have purchased a gul infra with free one piece fleece will try it out tomorrow.

Hi Matto
    I bought a Gul Infra suit from Wetsuit Outlet last week.
    I went for a large (6'1" height, 44-44" chest, 33" inside leg).
    Now I'm 6ft and fairly broad (all over). It fitted fine, but on kneeling down and simulating support strokes etc i found it a bit short in the body and a little restrictive, so i've swapped it for an extra large (6'4" height, 35" inside leg).
    I would give yourself plent of room heightwise and not worry about waist or chest. if it fits me it will fit most people.
    Another advantage is the neoprene neck and wrist seals which I think are more comfortable than latex, and let in so little water (after prolonged immersion) it's not worth worring about.

Mike
    To every opinion there is always an equal and opposite opinion.
    (Newtons fourth law)

I also have a Crewsaver Hyperdry Pro (in black and grey). Its fine. The neck seal split after about 4 wears so it got sent back and they replaced it (although it took 5 weeks)

But its comfortable to wear

annie

I've got a Dam-X on order. I tried some other 'off the shelf' makes but they just didn't fit. Dam-X make them to measure so it should be perfect fit provided I got the measurements right. I borrowed a mates Dam-X at the weekend and feel I have made the right choice. I'm informed that the service from Andi for repairs or alterations is first class. Can't wait for mine to be made.

Default Dam X Drysuits

I too would recommend Andi Riley (damwatersports@yahoo.co.uk). Everything is made to measure and if you can get to him he or his wife can do the measuring and he does have a choice of colours but the best suits are the 3000 series which are usually black. Service is great - he takes no time at all usually and can if available even do next day repairs to seals etc on necks and wrists should you need it. Prices are also pretty reasonable too.

Default Drysuit for both Open & Kayak use

Anyone got any comments/experience of these. I'm looking fo a drysuit that I can use for both Opens and Kk with a double waist layer for spraydeck. Tried one of these on at my local shop today and seemed like a good suit.

Also has anuone purchased from these recently and got the free underfleece. Is it any good.

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/produ...oducts_id=1320
    Last edited by elveys; 16th-November-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Sounds like my drysuit from DAM Watersports - email address above! Made to measure at off the peg prices! I'v used DAM kit for the last 8 years and it is my first choice when I need something new.
    You don't stop playing because you get old - you get old because you stop playing.

Default typhoon kayak racer drysuit

i've just purchased a typhoon kayak racer (doudle layer waste to accomodate spray deck) not entirley through choice but being an odd size (short legs long broad body) typhoon have a hughe size selection.
    I'm very happy with it.At only 184 from brookbank no free fleece though.
    http://www.typhoon-int.co.uk/ down load 06/07 catologue

Roy
    Last edited by Roy; 19th-November-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: additional info

Romsey, Paddle estuaries within an hour, also club member and coach, and scout canoeing helper

Default Dry Suit question

I'm going to be taking planned swims more regularly in colder months so am looking to get a dry suit. I find that my current gear (semi dry top and trousers) lets in water where they join at the waist, so when I come out and paddle again I get cold rapidly as what is underneath is wet.

Budget is limited so I'm looking at 300 max. I also need something that won't leak down the neck when I go under.

Are the Gul Crewsavers any good in this respect? They are reasonably priced. Might also contact Andi about the DAM drysuit that has been mentioned.

Brevan
    Brevan,
    The truth (about Rights of Navigation) is out there
    Romsey, Hampshire
    Twitter: BrevanM
    Follow my blog at http://riveraccessrights.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brevan View Post
    I'm going to be taking planned swims more regularly in colder months
    All my swims are planned but I carefully disguise them so they appear accidental so I don't make all the other swimmers look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brevan View Post
    I'm going to be taking planned swims more regularly in colder months so am looking to get a dry suit. I find that my current gear (semi dry top and trousers) lets in water where they join at the waist, so when I come out and paddle again I get cold rapidly as what is underneath is wet.

Budget is limited so I'm looking at 300 max. I also need something that won't leak down the neck when I go under.

Are the Gul Crewsavers any good in this respect? They are reasonably priced. Might also contact Andi about the DAM drysuit that has been mentioned.

Brevan
    Depends how long the swims are.... I've fallen out of my open a couple of times wearing my DAM dry trousers (with latex socks not ankle seals) and a Reed Chillcheater cag - just to see how water resistant that combination is - and with the inner layer of the cag tucked into the top of the trousers and the outer layer puller down over the top of the trousers have escaped even getting damp. So you might get away with a dry top and dry trousers. (My first DAM dry top also had that property - much to my astonishment - great waist seal.......)
    You don't stop playing because you get old - you get old because you stop playing.

I went with this one which was recommended by my local canoe shop. It cost 310 but that was with the relief zip which adds about 40 to the normal suit but is well worth it. They are also still including a free underfleece

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/produ...oducts_id=1320

Haven't been fully immersed yet, was intending to test it this weekend but our local river is much higher and faster than usual after the recent rain.

Happy to let you know how I get on next weekend if you haven't purchased before then.

I was tempted to trim the neck but general advice here was not to. Having worn it several times now the neck does seem to be more comfortable and I'll be very surpised if it lets any water in.

One other thing which surprised me was the sizing. I lost out on several XL drysuits on ebay but was surprised to find that when I actually tried one in the shop, the size I needed was a LM (large/medium).

I have to concur with Twopigs, dry top and dry trousers can work very well together. My Palm top and Yak trousers seem to knit together very well, and don't let much water in. The top has a double layer for use with kayak spraydecks which works very well with the trousers.

Having said that I've finally relented (or gone soft ) and ordered a DAM Watersports drysuit, mainly for WW and open water paddling. I'll still probably use my dry top and trouser combination most of the winter, as swimming is generally infrequent on our local river.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Can't remember the name of the place but Richard (NikonD70) recently said a watersports shop on Hayling Island was having a sale at the moment, including a lot off dry suits. Probably best to PM him for the details.

Joel

I bought my Crewsaver Hyperdry breathable from here. The service was top notch and gave very good advice on sizing. The suits come with a free under suit too. The suit has performed really well although I would have liked a releif zip, so if anyone knows where I can get one fitted.....
    Leone_blanco

I'm in love with my (all grey) IR Double D, Admittedly more a kayak suit than a canoeing one... but that flexibility suits me and I can't argue with the build or comfort.

I opted for a Reed Chill Cheater paddle suit - Great piece of kit and very comfortable to. Deffinitely chose one with a relief zip though. If you kayak too, as I do, the the Chillcheater is great because you can opt for one with a double waist section to sandwich the spray deck. All for 233.

Steve