Thread: ally canoe

Default ally canoe

hi all,
    i had ordered the ally folding canoe from scottish paddler supplies ( www.kayak.co.uk) and have now been told that i won't be able to get the boat till october . unfortunately i would like something asap and was wondering if any of you know of any other dealers in the uk ( the bergans website doesn't list any) or do you have any other suggestions, apart from a pakboat which i had thought of before i set my heart on the ally?

regards
    james

Journal Entries

I've done the google and can't find any other Ally dealers. Even if there is you would need one in stock. Can you buy direct from the maker? or a EU dealer?

If you are now looking at ridged canoes then I am very happy with my We No Nah Prospector and you are welcome to give it a try some time if you want.

There are no other Ally dealers in the UK.

Trust me. I waited til October last year for mine from SPS...

A Pakboat may offer a shorter lead-time - there's a dealert in Penrith and others in the UK, too. I confirmed on the Inchcailloch trip that the Pakboat is as good a boat (which was what had kept me with the Ally in the first place)

There are more dealers sur le continent (may be worth a try if time is worth more than money)

HTH, lemme know if I can help with further info.

Jim.

hi jim,
    when did you order your boat from sps? was it around the same timescale to wait?
    i like the ally as its looks like a more traditional canoe, thats why i decided to go for it. you would think that there would be more dealers around in the uk. i dont know what to do now, should i wait or go for something else!!

regards
    james

I ordered at the beginning of July, and waited for mid Oct. I found it worth the wait.

I guess there are a (small) number of scheduled deliveries.

Alternative-wise (as I think I said) Pakboats look good, and seem to have a better UK distribution. Note: I've not used one.

If you want a look at the Ally, I'm open to visitors...Wayland found it useful.

HTH,

Jim.