Thread: Hot Spot Map

Journal Entries

Default Hot Spot Map

You will notice a couple of changes to the navigation bar. First Googlemap is now called "Member Map" but other than that it is unchanged. The new menu option is "Hot Spot Map".

This should be a really useful feature for the site. On this map you can add Put In points, Points of interest, camping sites and much more. I have set up the initial categories of markers but more can be added on request.

I have already added the first marker for the put in / take out point for exploring the islands round Luss so now it is over to you to add the information for your area.

Also once you have added a marker the description for the marker includes a URL for linking to that particular marker so you can incorporate this into bloggs or place reviews.

Any problems with the map let me know and I can pass them onto the author.

Default Ooops

I tried adding our canoe club.
    The location went a bit way off. not sure what I did.

please ignore the Shrewsbury canoe club marker near Carlisle.

i think I missunderstood what the url link were for too.

sorry MK can you remove it? I can't find how to change what I did.
    Rogue

Thanks for that rogue,I ended up in Norwich,so at least I'm not lost on my own.
    I deleted my info then zoomed in on my location entered that and it worked.

Journal Entries

Rogue as the PM I have now changed the settings so you can edit your entry.

Laird, I take it you are talking about the members map since there are still only two entries on the Hot Spot Map?

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Added the River Dart access / egress point at Totnes this evening.
    I'll add more tomorrow, including stuff from todays trip on the Devon Avon (in an onshore gusting F5).

Journal Entries

People have made mistakes posting places and were not able to edit them. I have changed the settings to allow members to edit entries, however, this allows you to edit any entries.
    Anyone editing other peoples entries without express permission will risk being banned. Moderators excluded of course. I do not imagine this will be a problem but I wanted to make things clear in advance.