Thread: River Dart annoyance.

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong

Default River Dart annoyance.

At the turning point of this trip, we stopped for a cup of tea, as you do.

There is narrow point, capped with a quite spectacular grove of beech trees, and the woodland then extends out along the ridge. I dare say this point may well be used for the odd overnighter in the coming months.

Anyway, whilst there, we were forced to engage in a bit of bushcraft, which really only came down to trying to keep the Kelly kettle alight long enough to boil some water, against the odds of not being able to find enough dry material, despite being on the end of about 50 or 60 acres of good quality woodland.

... but it was not until a bit later that the question came up ...

“Mate, have you got a cup, as err, I seem to have forgotten mine …”
    Silence, then slowly and slowly, came the realisation, that despite finally having hot water, and by now frankly gagging for a cup of tea, there was not a single drinking vessel between us.

Having considered and discounted everything else we again fell back upon our primitive bushcraft skillz, and made some. Mine was the metal case that my wheat-free lentil and olive pie came in, and Geisha bludgeoned a .25ltr plastic water bottle open using my extra-blunt safety knife.

So it just goes to show, if you are desperate enough you can drink tea out of anything.

Next trip we'll have enough cups to run a tea stall on the side of the river, but probably won't have any tea.

Hmm, I'm looking forward to my cup of hot water as we speak.

Can't believe you did not just make the tea in the Kelly Kettle and drink it from that

My problem is not forgetting stuff but forgetting I have it with me. I have on numerous occasions not bothered to do something as I think I am missing something vital only to find on my return home that I had a couple stashed away in my kit
    John

Default Tea ?

Quote Originally Posted by monkey_pork
    At the turning point of this trip, we stopped for a cup of tea, as you do.
    “Mate, have you got a cup, as err, I seem to have forgotten mine …”
    Silence, then slowly and slowly, came the realisation, that despite finally having hot water, and by now frankly gagging for a cup of tea, there was not a single drinking vessel between us.

Hmm, I'm looking forward to my cup of hot water as we speak.

You had me worried for a moment.Thought you were going to use your footwear .As it is not summer yet didn't think you would be wearing sandals.

Maggie
    Maggie.

''One is always wiser after the event''