Moderate Rocker
    Cane Seats
    Shaped Ash Carry Yoke
    IQ Cupholders (2) (IQ & IQ2 only)

Colors
    Red
    Green

Maker's Write Up
    Flared, shallow arched hull translates to a superb river runner/tripper. A well-proven choice for shallow, boisterous rivers with capacity for extended mixed water trips with or without gear. Gunwales in IQ2 or wood.

There seems to be a lot of views on the legend 15 but no comments about the 16. I would be interested to hear anyones views on this canoe.

DanDan

Smile Dagger legend 16

I've just gone and bought an old Dagger Legend 16, so hopefully there will be a post up here soon, as I'm going out padding in it today!! Its a bit bashed and needs a couple of new seats, (it was quite cheap!) but hopefully it should get me out with some of my canoe-less friends!!

Thumbs up Dagger Legend Update

Well, it had its first outing today. Although it only has one incredibly dodgy plastic seat, held on by three screws (we couldn't find a fourth that fitted) and a carrying thwart, it didn't seem to hold up too bad.

Despite the fact we had one sitting on a dodgy seat on the front, one on kneeling on an Ikea foam pillow in the middle and me kneeling at the back (classy I know) we manged not to capsize it. We almost had a swim when my fellow paddlers decided to stand up simultaneously to get out. Nooooo!!!!! A little way to go before they're at five star level I think...

However, she was really easy to turn, which was good considering it was my first time at the back in a tandem... I'm normally a soloist! We only managed to get stuck once, when I took my eyes off the river to demonstrate 'trunk rotation' Hmmm... a lesson to a would be tutor there I think.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between the 15' legend and the 16' legend from my experience so far. I couldn't really tell it was any bigger. It didn't seem any heavier either.

So if you're considering a Legend 16' or 15' I would say go for the 16' if you're looking for a tandem, as you'll get more gear in it and have a bit more space, without compromising any weight or ease of turning. Particularly if you see one going for a song on ebay... Me liked.

Now off to buy some seats on ebay. I can't cope with the humiliation of ikea pillows for very long !!
    Last edited by tabbykits; 25th-May-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling mistake!

Default More reviews

Here's a link with some more reviews

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/show....html?prod=996

Thumbs up Newcomer to canoeing.

When I turned 50 in March I finally achieved a long-held ambition - I bought an open canoe. I spent months looking at catalogues and hired one from the shop in Killin to spend some time on Loch Tay.
    I decided on a Legend 16 as I wanted something I could use on lochs, rivers and in the sea. I am happy to say I have paddled in all of these since March, with up to three members of my family aboard. I have benefitted from the experience of Darren who has had a canoe for some time so he has kept me safe and sane.
    The canoe itself is very easy to steer, light to portage and goes quickly and easily in and out of my garage. If I feel like going out it takes only minutes and I can have it on the car and be on my way.
    I just love being afloat in it, (or rather her, as she is called Betsy), whether on the Lochore Meadows, (the Meedies as we call it), the River Earn, Loch Fitty, the Union Canal or the Forth off Aberdour, (wind and tide permitting).
    I am planning to do some expeditions once I am more confident / competent and have some friends who will join me. I will be fishing from Betsy during the season and have already used her to survey areas of the Freelands beat I fish for salmon on the Earn. Hopefully this will lead to more fish but don't hold your breath.
    I really couldn't be more pleased. I get some exercise, relaxation and the privilege to observe wildlife up close as they don't seem to recognise you as a threat in a canoe.
    This review may not tell a serious canoist much about the Legend 16 but I think this would have helped me in my decision making. Thanks also to the guys in Brookbank, Perth, really well-informed and saved me wasting money.

Legend by name... probably the best all round tandem boat around. Yes it's sluggish on flat water but this is a truck not a ferrari. This is a boat to fill with gear and blast down grade 3 or 4, or take it to the beach and go surfing, or pole it, just don't expect to get any where fast on flat water... we wore our first one out and just acquired a spare one just in case.
    Anyone can do that with two blades...

Default Surfing a Legend

Legend 16s do pretty well in the ocean surf too: