Thread: Eglwys Nunydd Reservoir

Default Eglwys Nunydd Reservoir

I live near here it is owned by the local steel works and consequently run by their sports and social club. There is a sailing club and a fishing club using this water and have done so for more than 20 years. No canoing, kayaking or windsurfing has ever been seen or to my knowledge allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by rugi View Post
    I live near here it is owned by the local steel works and consequently run by their sports and social club. There is a sailing club and a fishing club using this water and have done so for more than 20 years. No canoing, kayaking or windsurfing has ever been seen or to my knowledge allowed.
    Seconded. I approached the British Steel Sports and Social Club on this, and was told they would not permit single craft on the reservoir. All this at the time when there was a flotilla of small dinghies racing.... and anglers fishing, and motorboats motoring...... and the following day, a single fishing boat in the middle of the thing....... but me and my canoe...... sorry, no can do.

But it is theirs, and it seems that the overall ethos oif inland waterways is "it's mine, and you can't play on it".

Incidentally, you can take a wheelchair around it if you want to fish, but woe betide you if you want to cycle around it.

Just don't bother.