Thread: Castle Semple Loch

Default Castle Semple Loch

Castle Semple Loch is located to the east of Lochwinnoch in Renfrewshire. It locus for watersports and angling at the centre of the Castle Semple Water Country Park which, in turn, is part of the larger Clyde Muirshiel Country Park.

Journal Entries

Anyone know how busy Castle Semple is on a Sunday at this time of year?

Its fairly local to me,and ive got a new drysuit and kayak to test out and practise some self rescues, but im not too keen on busy bits. Last time i was past it on a saturday it was mobbed with mini yachts, but not sure if it's always like that or if there was a race on.

Journal Entries

It can depend on the weather. On a sunny Sunday like today the carpark can fill up a bit but the loch will usually be pretty quiet, especially once you cross over or head up a bit. More than half way up you'll usually be pretty much on your own. If there is an event on like the classic car show, model racing or rowing regatta then it will be very busy but these are the rarities and not the norm.
    John

Alright thanks,

Might head over today, was intending maybe loch Ard instead but ive faffed about this morning and its dark an hour earlier now so not sure ill have enough time to be worth heading up.
    Perhaps if i wasnt browsing forums