Thread: Film: The Yukon Assignment

Default Film: The Yukon Assignment

Just a heads up for this 2017 feature film about a father and son completing a 500 mile wilderness trip down the Wild and (I think) Peel rivers.

i saw it yesterday at my local independent cinema.

its a charming film and very inspiring. Wonderful scenery and the water looked very inviting. They used an Old Town Discovery , with a spray deck for the splashier bits!
    Fantastic.

Now off to check the costs of flights to Vancouver!!

K

I might get the popcorn in and watch it. Its available here https://vimeo.com/ondemand/yukonassignment/248635639
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Yes. I might just do the same. The Yukon is a wonderful place that still needs to be protected. Visit it at least once in a lifetime if you can. You won't be disappointed.

So the term "all very British" springs to mind which is both charming and irritating in equal measure (well, it was to me). The journey follows the Wind river in the Peel watershed with the final stretch on the Peel. It doesn't say what time of year they went but my guess is that it was June (judging by the bugs). They made some odd choices (again, to me) but the filming was superb and their wildlife footage was amazing.