Thread: Lazy flat holidays

Default Lazy flat holidays

The good lady and I are going camping for a couple of weeks - and only a week to prepare.
    We've an inflatable - sevylor pointer k2 - and like to idle along easy rivers, taking in the wildlife and scenery.

Done some smaller of the Broads, and I think we were spoilt by lushness!
    Other holidays we've ended up in estuaries and lakes, but I really miss that 'small water' journey.

Thinking now of the Wye, but only just started researching. On the face of it, seems there could be enough pickings to provide several days 'relaxing'.

Would be grateful if any suggestions for quiet, lazy days - either Wye or other?

There's a campsite at Symonds Yat which is very close to Ross. It's close to the canoeing centre and also to an amusement park with rides for the kids.
    Last edited by Chainsaw; 6th-August-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks for the suggestion, not really after amusement parks though. Quiet canoeing - yes.

The Severn might prove quieter than the Wye, though less equipped with campsites etc. The Wye will be busy, but it's all relative and I've never found it off putting, especially if going midweek.

Upper Thames from Lechlade to Oxford is lovely and tranquil, and relatively small. Lock campsites are great, if hard to get hold of! Midweek you should be fine.

Great Ouse or Nene might give other options, but I don't know about the camping options.

All these have plenty of coverage on Paddle Points.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle