Thread: Old Town

Default Old Town

Hi been a member for a few years but only done a couple of posts so apologies if this is in the wrong place but I bought an old town camper 15 made of Roylex some years ago and have been thinking about buying an old town pac (thought it might be easier to get on the roof of the Landrover) but they seem to have disappeared ( the old town pacs. ) not the Land Rover. Thanks for any info.

There's a Pack for sale in the Classifieds: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...-Old-town-pack

I'd think the best place is in the Wanted section - maybe the Mods will move it?

a couple of yeasr back the producer of royalex (there was only one in the world) stopped making the stuff. Esquif now makes a similar product called t formex. some brands use that now. Old town does not the just kept their Poly ehtylene canoes on the market. so the closest the to is is a discovery 119 )that is heavier. Hou 13 comes close as well. or indeed the second hand market. if you want light there are some uk brands building carbon boats. solway dory , mega, apache. to make a few. not as good on shallow rocky rivers, but much beter on the flats.
    Propper writing in English. How do you do that? with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language.
    Sorry for all the mistakes.

Thanks for your reply Lennart I will look out for second hand one, no rush still got my camper 15. Your English looks perfect to me certainly nothing to alogise about. Happy paddling from the uk.

Looking at my reply it’s me English that’s no very good (apologise)

Depending on your budget, there's this on E bay
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nova-Craf...gAAOSwakxdI8OH

I think it will fetch somewhat more than the current bid though. I don't know what the weight is, but it won't be heavy.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Ha!, I've been watching that. The location makes it less than ideal for me though. :-(