Thread: Hello from South Lakeland

Default Hello from South Lakeland

HI.
    I'm in South Lakeland and keen to get out more with the Grumman canoe I bought for my son to use years ago. He's now moved away and I want to learn a bit about how to paddle this big beast on the lakes.
    I also had a time doing bushcraft stuff with him which I'm getting back to as well and rediscovering how much too much kit I have around!
    The ally canoe will soon have a home on Windermere and I'd love to have a few trips out with someone more experienced than me to give me more confidence on the water. I work evenings so lots of free time during the day.
    DM me if you fancy a trip out.
    Cheers, Simon

Hello and Welcome!

There are a fair few Song of the Paddle Cumbria folk who paddle fairly often, though they've been a bit quieter of late. Hopefully they'll spot this post.

What length Grumman have you got?
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Hi Simon,

I'm one of them based in South Cumbria. Ulverston to be precise. I'm a teacher so in two weeks will have plenty of free time

Just shout if you want company. Long overdue a group paddle I think. Check out Cumbria canoeists for coaching opportunities/ group paddles.

Jamie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the message.
    I think the Grumman is 18/19 ft. Seemed huge when it used to be on top of the Grand Cherokee. We had 4 adults in plus big tent and accessories very comfortably but I never actually measured it.
    Cheers, Simon

Thanks for the reply Jamie,
    Hopefully there will still be some great weather after the schools break up!
    Always happy to have company as the boat is a bit big for a solo effort, so if you fancy a trip out let me know.
    I'll check out the local groups as I definitely need some instruction.
    Cheers, Simon

I'm South Lakes too with way too many boats and a new camper - so am planning to do more paddling. I've a mate in Hawkshead with a big Grumman and Landy who you're bound to meet.
    Strandhogge

Hope to meet up sometime then.
    Good to know there are a few others round here.
    Cheers, Simon