Thread: experiences

Default experiences

Wow, I can't believe the combined experiences of all of you. This is going to be a great experience for me as well. I am so enjoying all of your paddling escapades , trips,etc. I have never been on a forum with so many people from all over the place. I see by your map of members that there is hardly a spot in the UK where there isn't a member. I guess I should have been more specific in my first hello. I am in Northern Michigan a few hours drive from Ontario which I visit often to canoe. I listen to areas you paddle ie; Scotland and it gets me very excited as my my grandparents were from Argyle. I have never been there but wish to someday. They are doing major repairs to the old family castle which I have to see sometime. Yes I know I'm rambling.

It's great to be here, Thank You......Jackpine Jerry

Hi Jerry.
    Ramble all you like.

In fact, do a blog of your next trip and we will all be there with you in spirit. But if you ever decide to come and see the "old country" you can be sure that some of us will be with you in person.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the Forum. We'll be interested to hear of your trips - but do tell us, where is the "family castle", some of us may have paddled or walked past it!

For something closer to home, with a lot of active members and info from all over Ontario (and all of Canada) as well as a number of members from MI, try www.myccr.com (I live in ON, and I'm an ex-pat from TX...). Paddling 'norms', including gear, kind of water, and especially the camping part tend to be very different between us and the UK. Although they're a great bunch on here as well.

Hi and Welcome - and feel free to

Saw this and thought of you

https://www.ramblers.org.uk/

Thanks,guys, I hope to visit your neck of the woods in a year or so after I retire. I will certainly let you know. The family (my mothers side) castle is located on Lachlan bay near or on Loch Fyne. At least that is what my grandfather used to tell me. How it was a magical place for him when he visited relatives there. He told me how his ancestors were buried in a churchyard cemetery . I think it was called Kilmorie. The family name is MacLachlan and my grandfathers name was Archie. He even had a kilt made for me when he was last there many years ago. I was only a wee lad then so it won't fit me now,ha,ha. Anyway I would surely love to canoe the area. I guess that makes me want to get the Prism out and get on the river. Later guys, Thanks again