Thread: Hello everyone.

Default Hello everyone.

Hello all,

My name is Pete, many many years ago I used to Kayak as a teenager and young adult. I then joined the army and did a fair bit of adventure training and other activities but Kayaking fell by the wayside. Now I have matured and relaxed more my interest in open boat Canoeing has definitely increased. I did complete some basic training in open boat but missed out doing some qualifying courses, but I am now looking into completing some to get further practice and skills. I have now left the regular army. I now want to get back into my open boating and am looking how I can link it into my other hobbies of bushcraft and other outdoor activities. I am based in the West Midlands but do travel a bit.

I want to go on a few expeditions and so am no longer lurking and have decided to join the forum properly. I have used information form here for a while and now have more questions to answer and I am hoping to get a well informed knowledge form the community.

It comes down to some basic stuff to finalise my full plans. I have hired boats in the past and now thinking of getting my own. I have a lot of outdoor equipment for my bushcraft and other activities and so am looking on how I can use it best for trips and how best to pack it.

I do both modern and traditional set ups with my bushcraft and so I can see me doing the same for open boating.

Hello and Welcome

Wild camping and open canoeing go perfectly together, you can carry all the necessary cast iron pots and fire boxes you want to!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle