Thread: Seasonal Caravan Pitches with Access to River Wye or Gower?

Question Seasonal Caravan Pitches with Access to River Wye or Gower?

Hi All,

Re:Seasonal Caravan Pitches with Access to River Wye or Gower?

I appreciate itís not directly connected to Kayaking. But if I found the ideal site, I could combine my two passions....kayaking and caravanning.

Cheers

I was also going to suggest Lucksall. Can't think of another nice one on the Wye, though you might be able to at the Symonds Yat West site, but its a bit grim unless its changed.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Sadly, already on Lucksall. But when we first started going there it was great. But now its grown, it’s not the same any more. Sites been extended quickly, not allowing time to fit the infrastructure, such as tarmac roads, more shower blocks. Using every spare bit of grass to squeeze another tent or caravan onto. But thanks for the suggestion. Cheers

That brings back memories! I had a lovely spell of a few months living in the bungalow on the rhs of the entrance to the site. Soberingly, it was about 35 years ago, I calculate

I doubt you would recognize it now. Becoming very commercial. But great if you want to sharpen your driving skills and avoid cyclist, people on scooters, hoverboards, being ridden erattically and ignoring the highway code etc. It also helps if you are profoundly deaf....

I had a virtual wander on Streetview and you're right - the cottage itself has changed colour & been extended, and the site has obviously grown massively. Fond memories of cycle rides around the area on quiet roads. There even used to be the odd salmon in the Wye!

I believe there are still Salmon. I even found an Asda shopping trolley...

There are. Let's hope they both stay healthy. The river's a sad shadow of its recent past, never mind its former self