Thread: Retailers and ordering a Dagger Katana 10.4 River Spec (RED)...they have none

Thumbs down Retailers and ordering a Dagger Katana 10.4 River Spec (RED)...they have none

Hi All,

Re: Retailers and ordering a Dagger Katana 10.4 River Spec (RED)

As anyone had a similar problem when trying to order a specific item? The retailer website, say they have them in stock, but when you contact direct, they either fail to respond say their is an order time ranging from 6-12 weeks. Of the half a dozen or so I contacted only two replied. What is more frustrating is that you can add to basket, pay and they do not have the item is stock.

Cheers

Have you seen this ? https://www.go-kayaking.com/3234/pro...r-colours.aspx

Whilst not the colour you asked for, there's a substantial saving.

Failing that, whilst I can't help with your specific question, have you spoken to Richard - the owner of the Canoe and Kayak store https://www.canoeandkayakstore.co.uk...-tabs--wrapper

Whilst he doesn't list the spec boat you want, he does list the Action spec which means he'll be able to source yours. He's a top fellow to deal with and very helpful, and within the realms of being at the mercy of suppliers vagaries, he'll give a straightforward answer about delivery. His shops aren't too far from you either and he does list free delivery.

Also, try ringing these people if you haven't already https://www.kayaksandpaddles.co.uk/c...ger-katana.htm
    They keep massive stocks in their Devon warehouse, so if anyone has one, it's likely to be them. They have several shops around the country, so if they don't have one in Devon, they may have one elsewhere.
    Last edited by OLD MAN; 20th-May-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Thanks for the link, but it's showing as unavailable. But will check with your other suggestions. Cheers

Coincidentally, I've been in contact with Ronnie since yesterday, just waiting on him to get back in touch with be about availability. Will try your next suggestion...talk about hens teeth ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick777 View Post
    Thanks for the link, but it's showing as unavailable. But will check with your other suggestions. Cheers

What's unavailable, the link or the boat that it contains ? If it's the link, are you using a phone or tablet to reply to this thread. If you are, try using a laptop or office computer to open the link as phones etc won't perform some functions.
    Again, if it's the link, try phoning the store on this number 01928 710770
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Quote Originally Posted by OLD MAN View Post
    What's unavailable, the link or the boat that it contains ? If it's the link, are you using a phone or tablet to reply to this thread. If you are, try using a laptop or office computer to open the link as phones etc won't perform some functions.
    Again, if it's the link, try phoning the store on this number 01928 710770
    Sorry, just saw the small print saying the boat is no longer available. I wish they'd withdraw adverts once the item is sold !!
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Just below images, it shows highlighted in Red. Richard however says he has one. Will confirm. Thanks for your help.

Just below images, it shows highlighted in Red. Richard however says he has one. Will confirm. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome and excellent news from Richard if he comes up trumps.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Sadly, Richard only had the Action Spec. He might be able to order, but not until July or longer. Kayaks & Paddles are the same. My quest continues.

Sadly, Richard only had the Action Spec. He might be able to order, but not until July or longer. Kayaks & Paddles are the same. My quest continues.
    That's sad news .
    You could always brighten up your life by forgetting about a little kk and get a proper canoe
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Cool

🚣 I could but I won't.....lol.

Default Contour Ergo Adjustable Seat vs fixed ergonomic seat

The Contour Ergo Adjustable Seat looks a solid bit of kit, my interest is one of comfort as I quite like the Dagger Katana River Spec as the Contour Ergo Adjustable Seat looks a better build quality and comfortable material. Over the fixed ergonomic seat. Can anyone with this seat comment on this please?

Can anyone with this seat comment on this please?
    I've just 'jumped ship' and bought a kayak from the C&K Store. Hope I'm allowed to mention another forum, but you're more likely to get kayaking answers on the UK Rivers Guidebook forum. More kayakers there - as opposed to the elderly, warm-beer-sipping-beardies around here!
    I'm at that difficult age... somewhere between birth and death.

I posted the exact same question on the site you refer too and received only one reply. This site has tried very hard to help. But sadly the Katana has eluded me. I have posted as wanted now. Cheers
    Last edited by Maverick777; 21st-May-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

I've just 'jumped ship' and bought a kayak from the C&K Store

You dirty rotten turncoat, and I for one can't stand warm beer
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

I posted the exact same question on the site you refer too and received only one reply. This site has tried very hard to help.
    Not entirely surprised by the scarcity of help from UK Rivers etc., - and joking aside, this is the friendliest forum of all the ones I visit for my various 'enthusiasms'... revives my faith that not all social media is anti-social.

Hope you find your kayak.
    I'm at that difficult age... somewhere between birth and death.

On UKRGB people usually only respond if they have something useful to contribute. They are mostly a friendly bunch. Some on here too.

I’ve now placed an order with Canoe & Kayak UK. Richard believes it will be delivered in June 2019....

I purchased a katana when they first came out and went for the basic spec as I couldn't justify the extra 200 for the higher specced seat. My katana didn't even have a ratchet back rest!
    I do find the seat uncomfortable after a couple of hours paddling and recently looked at upgrading the outfitting. Unfortunately the higher spec is not a retro fit.
    So I have now bought and fitted ratchet straps for the back rest. I have also purchased some "sweet cheeks" but as yet have not fitted these.
    In summary, I absolutely love the versatility of my katana, but wish I had been in the position to buy the higher spec version at outset as Retro fit is not an option.
    And I have as yet to test my "improvements".

Good luck with your purchase
    Regards

Purley Paddler

Hi Purley,

Thanks for that, I'm glad now that I managed to save up for the higher spec. It is scheduled for moulding in the second week in June. I should have it the week after!!!