Thread: Great Glen Canoe Trail

Default Great Glen Canoe Trail

A workmate and I are doing the Great Glen canoe trail in a couple of weeks to raise funds for an end of life hospice. Heading West to East. Can anyone give me some tips on where to grab a hot bite to eat or a coffee on the trip, a night time pint would be great as well.

Also, if anyone fancies making a donation here's the link.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-nelson20

All the info you need is here http://greatglencanoetrail.info/

I've been on the official site. What I'm looking for are places that may not be well known for a decent coffee etc

You can also buy a British waterways facilities key for about a fiver ,it lets you use toilets and showers and washing /drying machines along he canal

Quote Originally Posted by tricksterdude View Post
    I've been on the official site. What I'm looking for are places that may not be well known for a decent coffee etc
    Could not tell you that , when I did it I stayed well away from the busy areas

Great food at 'The well of 7 heads' Also a good chippy and pubs in Fort Augustus. Loved our trip a few years ago

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

We wild camped on the loch shores but stopped off at Dores at top end of Loch Ness for some proper food - Dores Inn. I'm sure you'll have done your homework but watch out for Loch Ness. We crossed from one side to the other first thing in the morning and it like glass, an absolute millpond. Within an hour we had to beach the canoe as the waves were large white breakers!! Not sure about Nessie but Loch Ness is a monster in its own right.....Had a fabulous trip though - you'll love it.