Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: River Wey Gresham Loop - 12th May 2019 - Palace Open Day

Rather belated thanks. Apart from my knees, which took exception to the kneeling after the pub stop (aha, yes, ,method in my madness) most of me thoroughly enjoyed the day. Quite far enough for me and the aftershock, and pretty good considering I'd only paddled it about 200 yds before.

Nice to see friends old and new, coming and going.

Small pedantic point. The aftershock is a white water open canoe single (kneeling, not sitting) OC1 for creeking, rodeo, and river running. I have it's distant cousin, also an OC1 called a Spanish Fly for sale for 300. I just can't kneel low enough for stability. I've also got a Super Fly, which I can paddle.

Ash Vale, Surrey (by the Basingstoke Canal)

Quote Originally Posted by Impcanoe View Post
    Small pedantic point. The aftershock is a white water open canoe single (kneeling, not sitting) OC1 for creeking, rodeo, and river running.
    I humbly stand corrected. It's a canoe and not a kayak....but it's still a tiddler. No room for a standard issue SotP lunch in there!

I was just thinking in a non egotistic manner "I'd a thought there would be a photo of me by now so that I could check for and aft trim, "and "presto" here it is, and the trim looks fine.
    Lunch can go under the yoga mat under the airbag lacing, but yes a pack of sarnies and a kitkat at best, but a special place for a water bottle.

Just an update on Aftershock and me. At a secret location and under the tutelage of an incognito paddler, Aftershock and I successfully got on, rode and got off a small inland standing wave, more than once!

Just an update on Aftershock and me. At a secret location and under the tutelage of an incognito paddler, Aftershock and I successfully got on, rode and got off a small inland standing wave, more than once!
    Nice one, Peter!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Ash Vale, Surrey (by the Basingstoke Canal)

Excellent, Peter. I hope someone caught it on camera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12