Thread: Allier - Alleyras to Monistrol

Default Allier - Alleyras to Monistrol

Anyone done this section since it opened in 2018? There in a couple of weeks and planning to include this.

Some info in P5 section here but any other info helpful

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...er&prev=search

Some more info her that needs some translation. Mainly looking to confirm if start I at Alleyras with a portage around the dam

http://www.eauxvives.org/forum/viewt...320628#p320628
    Last edited by elveys; 24th-April-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Hi John,

That thread only talks about access to the river just below the dam (20 minutes walk on a 4x4 track with a few fences to pass and then access through the bushes to the river 500 meter below the dam).
    The way I read it is that there is no easy way around the dam.
    The last part is about a petition to have facilities built for ease of passage (either slide or portage facilities).

Thanks Erik,
    I thought I read about a get out on the left above the dam with some continuing on closer and using steps/ladders although not really allowed so making sure they were quick doing that?

Yes indeed. I started reading from the post you pointed to

two options are described, both directly accessing the dam (access forbidden) and descending a metal stairs to the water.
    One is to park at a farm nearby (ferme de Ramenac) and walking 20 minutes on a small path, until you reach the dam some 40 meters above the dam, then take a small path, going over a closed fence along the way, over the dam to the stairs.
    The other is to get in ad the Aleyras bridge and paddling passed the "access forbidden" sign at the lake above the dam, passing it for some 200 meter and then get out on the left bank at a metal stairs 40m from the dam, following the path to the stairs. etc.