Thread: British canoeing

Default British canoeing

Hi
    Is any one having problems with the BC site
    went on the site ok, then the go canoeing bit and the work laptop went down.
    tec at work say the site is run from USA and tried to get information about me with out asking.
    ???????
    have to take it in tomorrow to get it recalibrated

pan

British Canoeing's website is working normally for me at the moment. Check that you went to https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/ , not another similar looking address.

Although it may not be the cause of your problem, if you were only looking at the Go Paddling section, the membership part of the website is run by azolve.com but they are based in Yorkshire, not USA. It would be helpful if BC gave more warning about using azolve, on their own website domain, before transferring you.

Thanks for that tec at work say that the machine was assaulted by the program ( there words) which triggered the fire walls.
    they tried with and same thing happened
    asked BC not had a reply just be careful just glad it was the work laptop

I've spotted now that the GoPaddling menu link also leads to another domain, in this case GoPaddling.info, which turns out to belong to British Canoeing. I don't know why they feel they need a separate domain. The website runs a number of scripts but I didn't spot anything that would upset a firewall, unless it just objected to pop-up windows.

My laptop is double inception as we deal with confidential information for staff and public

Quote Originally Posted by PANDOG View Post
    My laptop is double inception as we deal with confidential information for staff and public
    Might I suggest that you probably should not be using that laptop, or indeed your office network, for personal internet access if it holds sensitive information like that...

How hard can it be?