Thread: Taxi advice please- river wye

Default Taxi advice please- river wye

Reading other threads I picked up the name ď Kennys TaxisĒ..Iím planning a trip in next few weeks and I wanted to use a taxi to ferry 2 people and gear etc... I emailed Kenny, I assume, about 5 days ago, heard nothing so phoned and left a message 2 days ago and have phoned again. Has anyone experience of using this firm, Iím guessing that he maybe away or on holiday but as I havenít heard anything then I am only guessing. Are there any other firms which offer something similar. I am quite keen on using kennys taxis as I recall seeing the name on other threads as mentioned, but if I canít get hold of him then I need a plan B

cheers in advance

Is there not the easy option to drop off boat and big gear, drive to end, get any taxi back to start.

Not sure if i have missed something..

I used Kenny some years ago and he was brilliant, but i know nothing of the present
    circumstances

He is in Facebook. I used him in 2015 and was reliable etc,

Fb post says he is on holiday since Friday.

Best
    Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also Sue's taxis .
    So we beat on,boats against the current,bourne back ceaselessly into the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellery View Post
    Is there not the easy option to drop off boat and big gear, drive to end, get any taxi back to start.

Not sure if i have missed something..
    that works granted, but to do that , due to our location on south coast , we would have to drive past the end point to get to the start point to drop stuff off to then drive back to end point to drop car off and then get taxi back to start point..

I think that’s how I worked out that it would be better to arrive at end point, leave car, get taxi to start point, camp overnight, then paddle back to end point..

maybe it’s as long as it’s broad,

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sansum View Post
    He is in Facebook. I used him in 2015 and was reliable etc,

Fb post says he is on holiday since Friday.

Best
    Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    thanks for the heads up on this, I’m not a user fb, must be the only one

i will get young son to see when he is back..cheers again

cheers to silverbirch also for an alternative

Drive to the start.
    Go paddling.
    Leave somone with gear at end point.
    Driver gets taxi back for car.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Just an update as I think it’s only fair to balance the books- got hold of kenny today, he was on holiday last week as someone said. I found him to be most helpful indeed, full of advice as I bent his ear on a couple of points and planning issues, also very accommodating..all sorted for our trip..thanks Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by WSB View Post
    Just an update as I think it’s only fair to balance the books- got hold of kenny today, he was on holiday last week as someone said. I found him to be most helpful indeed, full of advice as I bent his ear on a couple of points and planning issues, also very accommodating..all sorted for our trip..thanks Kenny
    That's the Kenny I remember. Has he still got his inflatable??
    You don't stop playing because you get old - you get old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by twopigs View Post
    That's the Kenny I remember. Has he still got his inflatable??
    I did not know he had an inflatable, wish I did as I would have asked him for a few more tips, being the novice I am !.Not certain if he still has it as I say. He came across as a genuinely nice guy and as a result when I told him the plan and timescale involved he suggested we go past our original planned finishing point and paddle further down stream as we would easily have enough time - as I say, I am a novice at this so his help and others on here has been invaluable..