Thread: Tentipi 9 safir Pro tipi tent comfort floor alternative

Default Tentipi 9 safir Pro tipi tent comfort floor alternative

Just picked up a safir 9 at a great price, however I'm struggling to warrent over 340 for the comfort floor (base model)

Has anyone done a DIY job using a cheap tarp and maybe an awning carpet? I can pick these materials up pretty cheap.

Thanks in advance.

I went for the comfort floor but also made a footprint out of a 5.4x5.4 faithfull tarp which works fine if your on a budget.

https://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/faith...ools%2FAccess.

some go for the robens klondike carpet flooring"""" I Think"""" you can always check by posting the same question on Tentipi user group.
    hope this helps Atb Terry
    Last edited by terry. young; 1st-April-2019 at 04:54 PM.

We bought the comfort floor with the tipi and in 8 years have never used it......a tarp cut to just oversize has been fine.
    A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope - Epictetus

Very much now on the verge of purchasing a CP 7 ....and have been very much contemplating the advantages/ disadvantages of splashing out another 276 for a groundsheet for my particular planned usage...

All comments above have certainly helped!

Get the tent, and use that old semi-circular groundsheet, from that old carp bivvie of mine, that'll do just nicely! - Especially with an open fire on the go!

MB

A tent Mark? Getting soft in your dotage?

We have a Safir 7 and use a Vango rosewood footprint (Around 20). It's slightly larger in area than the floor space of the 7 (we tuck the excess under the tent), so in a 9, it might just be short at the edges.

Like that klondike comfort floor, but a bit pricey for my tight wallet. I brought two carpets which I use that have silver backing to keep the cold out, only use on a fixed camp site though as an added luxury

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    A tent Mark? Getting soft in your dotage?
    For storage purposes naturally, I didn't say that I was going to sleep in it! (Though once you're all asleep at the next do, I might just sneak in there and find a quiet corner....

and that might take a wee while, considering that it's a teepee!
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>