Thread: Silverbirch in France

Default Silverbirch in France

Hi Guys

just wanted to announce that we (Canoe Massif Central) have just agreed a deal to allow us to sell Silverbirch trad and whitewater line boats here in France. We will obviously be using them ourselves in the hire fleet too, going forward.

It’s about time they could be had here and I’m pretty excited that we are shipping a UK designed and built product, despite the obvious complexity. For us, it also means we will expand our Trad Outfitting options to include the Whitewater Line of boats and offer trips to allow everyone to try out one or both. We will also be offering the Firefly as a solo hire boat, which I’m really happy to use on the local rivers here.

Can’t wait to get me into a tiny boat, so I can fall out with photography and associated comedy benefits.

As part of it all, we will also be promoting yaks from the excellent Tootega brand here, though these are unlikely to be part of the hire fleet for now .... unless people ask for them.

We will be setting up some free events to demo the boats in some seriously scenic French locations to which all here will be welcome should they be able to make it. There may also be some refreshments too, as people who know me would expect.

As ever, I’m happy to offer anyone who passes us a proper demo loan session on a local river if they fancy a play.

cheers
    Last edited by MarkL; 19th-March-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Nice one mate.

Can't think of a better part of the world for me to demo a Firefly either!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

I think the Firefly is the perfect addition to your fleet for solo paddlers on the rivers you have nearby. Would love to demo one with you.

Well done for flying the flag in France. We wish you all success in this new venture.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Many congrats Mark, sounds like the perfect formula for success. Will you be giving them a proper MarkL durability test so they can be compared to your MR boat?
    To Canoe is to be moved!!!

Onwards and upwards, glad it's all going well Mark.
    I hope the Silverbirch boats can take the punishment that the SP3s do.
    Nin Wanakiwidee Tchiman

Great news, good to have Silverbirch in france and great that they have got Mark to help them over there.

Nice one Mark. Onwards and Upwards!